Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: James Bond - Operation Fireball (HighDef)

Default James Bond - Operation Fireball (HighDef)

Hello,

I just finished my new James Bond movie and would appreciate it very much if you could comment on it please. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Macindows View Post
    Hello,
    I just finished my new James Bond movie and would appreciate it very much if you could comment on it please. Thank you!
    Let's see, where to begin?
    Aside from the fact that you have openly illegally infringed on a copyrighted intellectual property franchise, including the music, I did get some good laughs from it this morning.

I especially liked the part where "Bond," (Lame Bond) pulls out an aerosol canister and proceeds to lay down a line of high explosive foam to blow open a very flimsy door that could have been easily opened with a paper clip or a good swift kick. The "explosion" effect was a joke.

I also could not understand why agent 006.91 had no trouble killing several guards in cold blood, and then lets the wussy looking "scientist" standing by the hot water heater live? And then attempts to blow the tank with a smoke detector. How big were the friggin pockets on that wet suit anyway?

Speaking of the wet suit. Bond (dumb Bond) went into the water without flippers (basic tool), but yet his wet suit was fully armed arrayed with all kinds of other high-tech wardrobe functions. "Q" should be taken out and shot along with the continuity girl.

The acting and the plot line were extremely juvenile and the only good thing I have to say is that some of the cinematography looked great, especially in the opening scenes, but quickly went down hill. Disappointing.

But I will give you and your young crew an "A" for effort in your hard work of play acting. I did enjoy watching it, but declined to click on "Part 2." I simply lost interest by that point.

EDIT:

Curiosity got the better of me so I went to your YouTube site and watched "Part 2" and got a few more laughs. Ok, I'll still give all the Kamp family members an "A" for effort. (Did I really see "Brad Pitt" listed in the credits?)

All things considered, it was imaginative and entertaining and a good example of story-telling. I guess that, more than anything technical, is the most important factor in a young director's production. I don't think the James Bond franchise will suffer any monetary "damage" from your copyright infringement, but they better watch their backs because somebody, indeed, has the potential to grow and mature into an excellent director, given time and experience.
    Last edited by worddigger; 03-07-2009 at 07:40 AM. Reason: additional comments

Quote Originally Posted by worddigger View Post
    Let's see, where to begin?
    ...Lame Bond...The "explosion" effect was a joke...dumb Bond... "Q" should be taken out and shot along with the continuity girl...(Thanks for suggesting to shoot my mother and sister)...the acting and the plot line were extremely juvenile...went down hill...disappointing.
    Oh my god...did somebody get up on the wrong side of the bed?

Let me explain you something you might not have understood so far.
    As you can see from the description on Youtube, I'm NOT a professional film maker or producer and especially not an actor. I know that! This movie has been shot entirely by ourself, a three man team. And although story elements might lack of logic and the special effects might not look like a $100m production, it still is the best we could accomplish.

So, thank you very much for your warm words and have a nice day!

I really enjoyed that!

Bond doesn't really sound English, but as you said, it's just a fun film, so it doesn't really matter.

By the way, this section says... "Note that this forum is used for critical assessment of posted material. By posting your work here you agree to have your work subject to constructive critism. If you're easily offended, it is recommended that you do not post" So I shouldn't take Worddigger's post in a hard manner.
    Last edited by MatthewPerks; 03-07-2009 at 01:03 PM.

5. Default

I agree, bit harsh from the first reviewer - compared to the videos of people shearing sheep or playing the banjo getting decent reviews then the James Bond film is an Oscar winner.

True, some of the points you make are valid, and yes it isn't a professional production but personally I think the considerable, obvious effort put in - some great shots, animation and good effects in places - more than makes up for any other shortcomings.

I watched the second half and was impressed and enjoyed the whole thing for what it is - a light hearted, amateur take on a perennial movie classic!! Well done!

I liked it... Props to your cinematographer.. beautiful framing and angles.. The editing was also very good.. You put a lot of hard work in and it shows...you should be proud.. As far as copyright goes, I believe you can use some stuff as long as its a parody.. correct me if im wrong but I believe Worddigger used refrence to the dukes of hazzard in one of his videos.. but anyway.. I liked it.. you have a great and bright future ahead of you.. best of luck
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman Photography View Post
    I liked it... Props to your cinematographer.. beautiful framing and angles.. The editing was also very good.. You put a lot of hard work in and it shows...you should be proud.. As far as copyright goes, I believe you can use some stuff as long as its a parody.. correct me if im wrong but I believe Worddigger used refrence to the dukes of hazzard in one of his videos.. but anyway.. I liked it.. you have a great and bright future ahead of you.. best of luck
    With all respect, a reference to "Daisy Duke" in a movie is a reference to an American icon and is permissible under the fairness doctrine, as the reference was satirical. If this James Bond movie was a "parody" then it too would be permissible. However, in this case the young man made a "James Bond" movie, using the same character names from a James Bond movie and the original music scores from James Bond movies. Technically, this is a clear violation of copyright law.

Having said that, I also agree with you that it was well done from a cinematography and editing aspect. I previously stated that it was enjoyable and entertaining. I apologize to the guy who made it because I had no intention to insult his mother. I made my reference to shooting "Q" not "M," but apparently she played both parts, so my bad.

I know what you mean.. I dont think anything would come of it.. I mean look at all the star wars fan films... I agree he ripped the sound track, characters, etc.. but.... it was all in fun and hes not making any money on it (at least I don't think so??..) I meant no offense to you Worddigger.. I was just pointing out that people do these types of films all the time and "hollywood" dosent really care to much.. unless they make money. then they want their cut..lmao
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman Photography View Post
    I know what you mean.. I dont think anything would come of it.. I mean look at all the star wars fan films... I agree he ripped the sound track, characters, etc.. but.... it was all in fun and hes not making any money on it (at least I don't think so??..) I meant no offense to you Worddigger.. I was just pointing out that people do these types of films all the time and "hollywood" dosent really care to much.. unless they make money. then they want their cut..lmao
    Quite true!

Blog Entries

I thought it was great.

There were many areas for improvement, as covered by Worddigger (that is why you posted it here, isn't it - to see how it can be improved?) some of which (eg continuity) are easily solved, some of which come with more experience.

It's my belief that here, unlike on YouTube, people making criticisms do so (a) believing people posting films here want to know where their submissions can be improved, (b) form a judgment as to what level the filmmaker has already reached and (c) form a judgement as to the target audience - and post criticisms accordingly.

Consequently, the sort of criticisms levelled at the guy who posted a sheep sheering vid is different to the sort of criticisms levelled at the guy who posted the banjo [sic] - it's a ukelele - is different ftrom the guy who posted this video.

In this video we have a planned, scripted film made by people who clearly have some idea and knowledge of film making. Of course the criticisms are going to be more severe. It doesn't mean the film is bad. We're just trying to help identify areas where it could be made better.
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast