Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where can I buy a fake gun for my film?

Default Where can I buy a fake gun for my film?

I'm going to film a scene that the guy holds a gun. Does any one know where I can buy a fake gun that I can use for my film? Obviously it has to be looked really real.

Any help is appriciated.

Blog Entries

My friend is into airsoft - he has a bunch of totally realistic fake guns. I borrow them.

really? that's excellent. Do you think I can borrow or rent or buy one from your friend aswell?

Can you introduce him to me or just ask him where he's got his guns from please?

Do a search for airsoft on the net. There are dozens of places to buy them.
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes - www.driftwoodfilm.co.uk

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber

Hi, as an airsofter I can tell you that shops won't/shouldn't sell you a replica airsoft gun unless you can prove that you are a member of an airsoft club. This is self regulation was brought in by the airsoft community to stop people buying replica weapons and misusing them. Without membership, the shops will only sell you a gun that is made from brightly coloured plastics.

You can try to find an extremely good toy replica, which may be hard because most toy's on the market don't represent real guns so if you are looking for visual/periodic accuracy I would reccomend the Airsoft aproach. Your best bet is to find someone who can lend you an airsoft riffle/pistol.

If you decide to use an air rifle or airsoft rifle then make sure you do so on private land and don't have any pellets/BBs with you. Also make sure it is in a case when crossing public land, the law's are tough and tight.

I own a very convincing airsoft M16 assault riffle but unfortunately I can't lend it to you.

The Law Note: If you do have a membership number, please provide it in the comments box.
    From the 1st of October 2007, the laws regarding airsoft guns have changed.
    Airsoft guns are now considered realistic imitation firearms (RIFs) so you will only be able to purchase one if you are an airsoft skirmisher (someone who plays airsoft) with a valid membership number and over the age of 18.

If you are an airsoft skirmisher and under the age of 18, we will not be able to sell to you as this would be a breach of UK law.

You can become recognised as an airsoft skirmisher by attending your local insured airsoft site and joining their membership scheme. This will allow you to purchase a RIF.

We are only able to ship RIFs to the address that is associated with your membership card.

Accessories, such as magazines, scopes, ammunition and spare parts are not affected by the new change in law as they are not, and do not, resemble a realistic imitation firearm.

In basic terms: If you do not have an insured skirmish site membership or re-enactors membership, or any defence/exemption under the VCR act we cannot, and will not sell realistic imitation firearms to you.

http://www.airsoftarmoury.co.uk/information.php?osCsid=0b5217796b9d1b0c3a498ca24a6 5e6f0&info_id=15

Wow thats interesting.. in the US you can buy an airrifle if you're 16, just walk into any walmart or best buy and get it.. I didn't know the UK laws were so strict
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

I bought a pistol last year for a prop and was asked for nothing which is a little worrying! To tell you the truth I thought it seemed a little easy at the time...
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes - www.driftwoodfilm.co.uk

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber

Blog Entries

Just look for a second hand one - less hassle - and what a joke the hassle is - tsk.

Actually it might be easier just to get a friggin real illegal gun - well it is round my hood - lols.

lol.. I could tell you stories Mark..
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast