Thread: Best settings to create an avi file in vegas pro 8

1. Default Best settings to create an avi file in vegas pro 8

BEST SETTINGS TO CREATE AN AVI FILE IN VEGAS PRO 8 !!

OK, GUYS I AM GONNA SHARE SOME VERY VALUABLE INFORMATION WITH YOU ALL HERE
    !

1ST OF I CREATED A PROJECT BY USING VEGAS PRO 8, USED A LOTS OF EFFECTS AND ETC, IT WAS A MUSIC VIDEO POSSIBLY 4.30 MINS
    AFTER MY COLOR CORRECTIONS AND ETC, FINALLY I HAD TO RENDER THE PROJECT AS A NTSC AVI FILE, THEN I USED ADOBE ENCORE TO MAKE A DVD OUT OF IT, OBVIOUSLY I USED ALL DEFAULT SETTINGS , SO FINALLY WHEN I BURNED THE PROJECT ON TO A DVD AND PLAYED IT ON SOME TVS, THEN I NOTICED A %40 QUALITY LOSS, SO I DID A LOT TO FIND OUT, BUT I WAS NOT ABLE TO FIGURE IT OUT , SO THE ONLY THING I WAS TOLD BY A FRIEND WAS THAT THE SIZE OF MY FILE WAS TOO SMALL (888mb).
    LONG STORY SHORT, I WAS PLAYING WITH THE SETTINGS OF THE PROGRAM AND I NOTICED THAT THE DEFAULT SETTING FOR QUALITY IS SET TO GOOD, THAT'S ONE PROBLEM, IT SHOULD'VE BEEN "BEST"

SECOND , HOW MANY PEOPLE HERE KNOWS ABOUT COMPRESSIONS ?
    I DIDN'T KNOW TILL I TURNED IT OF, AFTER CHANGING THE 2 THINGS MY RENDERED AVI'S FILE SIZE JUMPED FROM 888mb TO 8.92GB !!!
    WOW, THAT'S CRAZY
    AND WHEN I CHECKED AND PLAYED THE NEW 8.92GB AVI FILE, I FREAKED OUT TOTALLY, I GOT SPEECHLESS, EVERYTHING GOT SOOO CLEAR AND MUCH BETTER, VERY DETAILED ...ANYHOW

LETS YOU SHARE SOME OF YOUR VALUABLES OR GREAT KNOWLEDGE AROUND THIS AREA PLZZ

YOU TELL ME, WHAT IS THE BEST SETTING, B4 YOU DECIDE TI RENDER IT

Blog Entries

Depends - I suggest you read up about the different codecs, bit rates and wrappers.

Video codec - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Video compression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All the video we see is compressed - the more compression the worse the picture. Compressio is the only way video can be shared and published.

I render out a copy in DV ( done use hdv ) and use that in a DVD authouring program that compresses to dvd - this always means a loss in quality.

( and please drop the caps - it just looks shouty and is hard to read - ta )

3. Default

OK. thanks for sharing your knowledge here...
    that was quiet interesting to read about video compressions and codec...
    yeah, i guess that is the only way to be able to send video files here and there...
    but i was wondering if there was a way to set the compression level a little less than default..
    do you find any other setting more important to be considered as an important factor in this case, meaning besides color corrections do you know any other significant settings , which needs to be changed from default ?
    a friend of mine that operates with final cut pro told me that vegas don't have that powerful rendering engine to produce high quality AVIs, could this be the case?
    well, i hope not...
    any other thoughts ?