Thread: No video in play windows on Liquid Edition 5.5

Default No video in play windows on Liquid Edition 5.5

Hi, I bought this software (Liquid Edition 5.5) through Ebay. I installed it as PAL. The sample clips that come with it show fine. But when I try to import an AVI file created in Pinnacle studio 9SE (which plays fine anywhere else) the file just doesn't show in any of the playback windows. I do now get to hear the audio track, which is strange. I get this big fat exclamation mark on the playback window.

When I try to import video using the logging tool, the camera is activated, but again, nothing shows on the window which is supposed to show some video.

I found nothing in the help file, so I thought I'd try to see if anyone here would know where I am going wrong, what settings must be adjusted or procedures followed. The Codec in the clip properties is DVSD.

Please help!

Michael

Michael, have you got somewhere where you can upload the clip to? I will download it and take a look for you on my LE 5.5
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Default Some further hints

Thanks Lloyd thats a really kind offer.

I went to check out a smaller file captured in the same way. It loaded and played fine. Likewise other smaller files. But when I went to import this 9GB file, I got the video track this time - not the audio track. Last time I got the audio track, no video.

I suspect my physical and virtual memory is not high enough. The importing sometimes gives up.

Is it possible to import projects from Studio 9 into LE 5.5? Also, why is it necessary to import AVI clips. What is the system doing? Copying these large files?

I am wondering if I need to buy a better system to make LE work. Right now I have 1.8Ghz Athlon AMD, 512MB plenty of hard disk.

I do have to say that your processor is at the low end of scale and I would consider upgrading it and the motherboard (preferably to an Intel as these appear to be more compatible with LE). 9GB is quite a file and I don't think I have ever tried to import a file of that size so I am not sure if it is affected by system performance considerations.

When you import media there is a drop down list box in which you can specifiy copy, move or link. If you wish to keep the media in its original location then you need to select link. Personally I like to keep my project files together and so I always select copy. You can see the actual file location by either of the two methods listed:

- right clicking on the imported file within LE and selecting properties
    - from within the storyboard, in the project window, selecting the Media tab and right clicking the file name and selecting properties

As for being able to import projects from Studio 9. This is only possible from LE 6, which was released last month.
    Lloyd

Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

I know this may not apply, but it may affect someone else down the road so...

I just bought a super computer This thing is nice. Anyway I now have dual screens. When I loaded Studio 9 I moved over to the right screen, (the left one is the primary screen).

When I went to play my video clip in the edit section I could hear my video clip but not see anything. Accidentally I moved Studio over to the left screen and then I was able to see and view my video clips.

So again I don't think this applies aussie, but it may help someone else down the road.
    Dave B

Video overlay on a secondary screen rarely works. In fact I don't know of dual head gfx card which permits this. Certainly my nVidia only allows video playback on the primary display.
    Lloyd

LOL, now you tell me!
    Dave B