Thread: JVC Everio HDD Backup to PC

Default JVC Everio HDD Backup to PC

When I backup my video files to pc they are all mixed up & not in the order that I recorded them am I doing something wrong

Quote Originally Posted by mullenjf View Post
    When I backup my video files to pc they are all mixed up & not in the order that I recorded them am I doing something wrong
    You wanna give us more info? an example? Screenshot?

Default JVC Everio Editing

If I shoot a Mountain as the start of my filming and then continue for 30 mins shooting different scenes and finish

When I back them up on my pc they dont come out as i shot them, For example
    the first shot of the mountain is not at the start it could be the 12th or 16th frame and so on with the rest of the frames

It sounds strange that you are not getting them in the same order on your hard disk as they are recorded on your camcorder. I copied mpeg files from a memory card recently and they came across in the same order as the card. Are they all numbered something like 0001.mod, 0002.mod, 0003.mod or is it different? If you are using Windows Vista, after the files have been copied across to your hard disk, click on each one with the right mouse button and when the menu appears, click on Properties and click on Unblock if this is highlighted near the bottom. Next, click on Views, then details and you will get a long list going down the window of all your files, click on the Name tab to arrange A-Z or from Z-A depending on how the files were originally arranged, that should put them in the correct order. Or click on Date Taken if you recorded over a number of days.