Thread: Cineform and After Effects 6.5 Workflow

1. Default Cineform and After Effects 6.5 Workflow

Hello

I use Premiere Pro 1.5 with the HDV Cineform Aspect plugin to capture from my Sony FX1.

I want to know the best workflow for exporting and importing between P.Pro and After Effects 6.5.

The main problem I have is that my After Effects wont recognise the Cineform codec. Is that right, or has there been an error with the install? If I wish to create a video (say some graphics) in After Effects and export, to then import into Premiere Pro, I cannot render out to Cineform, as it does not give that option in the codec drop down list under "Video For Windows".

The 2nd problem is pixel aspect ratio. After Effects does not give a 1.33 option so I will have to scale it all the time - this may lead to artifacting?

I do have Premiere Pro CS3 also, but this captures mt2 transport stream, at 1.33 also I am assuming - and this cannot be imported to after effects either.

Surely there is a simple way around this?

Any advice would be very very helpful.

Many thanks

James

Quote Originally Posted by jamesuk1981 View Post
    Any advice would be very very helpful.

Upgrade, Upgrade, Upgrade
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

3. Default

thanks chuck! But until I have enough money to do that, I am trying to work out a best way to do this for little or no money.

It just bemuses me that After Effects 6.5 cant play 1.33 pixel ratios or my cineform codec or m2t streams.

lol

You did say, 'Any Advice'

m2t didn't even exist, or at least wasn't a viable format, when After Effects 6.5 was being tested. If you want to work with the new HDV formats you really need to upgrade. Have you thought about converting to a format that it can handle?
    Last edited by Chuck Engels; 03-04-2009 at 04:48 PM.
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

Rather surprised that AE doesn't recognise the cinefrm intermediate codec. I thought if the coded was on your system then all apps woud recognise it. I never used Cineform Aspect HD with AE6.5 but never had an ounce of trouble with v7.

Have you tried exporting from remiere as a quicktime animation. That should work.