Thread: a music vid I made

Default a music vid I made

which is better

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cCtVYEetyw]YouTube - D&D ukulele Contest,Highschool Musical3,Can I Have this Dance. Check this out[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVirA9jvSmM]YouTube - D&D Ukulele Contest Some Where Over The Rainbow[/ame]

The second one in almost every way; the lighting is better (though I'm obviously not an expert on that). The part at the end of the first one w/ the remote also is kinda ... not good. To me at least.

I don't know if you want an overall assessment of the videos or just about the music itself, but I definitely like the second better. That may just be because I know the song, but it also seems more ukulele-ish/Hawaiian (I'm thinking of it at the end of the 50 First Dates), and ... I just really like it to begin with. Hope that at least kinda helps.

I like the second 1 too thanx

Bob Dylan would be proud of both of them. Both videos are ok. But the second one is certainly better. Better framing, better lighting, better everything and steady shots from a tripod? For your next video remove the clutter behind you and don't have a window behind you either, have the window or windows behind the camera with the light coming into the room. If there are still some shadow areas use some white reflectors or art boards that will bounce light back to the shadow side of your face and act as fill lights. Just remember to keep them out of the frame.

Thanx a lot .Although I like some of Bob Dylans music I think his singing needs work.I new I had a problem with the window but I thought I could get away with it just for this video.And the cludder I was thinking, having other musical instruments around would make it more musical??Bad thought.Just insecurity.
    Thanx for your Imput it always helps getting out side advise

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    Bob Dylan would be proud of both of them. Both videos are ok. But the second one is certainly better. Better framing, better lighting, better everything and steady shots from a tripod? For your next video remove the clutter behind you and don't have a window behind you either, have the window or windows behind the camera with the light coming into the room. If there are still some shadow areas use some white reflectors or art boards that will bounce light back to the shadow side of your face and act as fill lights. Just remember to keep them out of the frame.