Thread: Converting Sony Handycam .VOB to MPEG - Using Xilisoft but Video & Audio out of sync

Default Converting Sony Handycam .VOB to MPEG - Using Xilisoft but Video & Audio out of sync

Hi Guys-
    I am using a Sony Handycam (DCR-DVD301) video camera and I am wanting to upload my videos onto the web to share them with friends and family.

I purchased Xilisoft's "Video Converter Standard" product because it advertises that it can convert Sony's .VOB file format to coventional formats like .MPEG.

After meddling with this for half a day I am at a serious loss. I was able to get the Xilisoft Video Converter Standard product to convert the video to .MPEG but now the Video and Audio are out of sync.

Is anyone on this forum using a similar camera, and the Xilisoft software I am using, to convert their Sony videos for web sharing? If so I would sincerely appreciate your guidance.
    Regards,
    Matt-
    Last edited by mrdibbles; 03-02-2009 at 02:01 PM.

Blog Entries

Try super c ( free ) - best convertor.

Or better still use an editor to render specific web versions.

Hey Mark,
    Thanks for the speedy response. I downloaded the Super C software and converted the .VOB file to an MPEG. I thought this alone would solve all of my grief but I am still not where I need to be. I am using Windows Movie Maker to try and "Edit" the movie but Windows Vista Movie Maker won't recognize the file. So... I am really not sure it did the conversion correct or if the Video and Audio are in sync.

I also tried to upload the MPEG I made (using Super C) to Photobucket (online picture and video sharing tool) and again experienced a failure.

Is there something in the Super C settings that I need to pay particular attention too? I am sorry for these basic questions... I have been an avid digital photographer for a long time but to say the least I am a beginner at video.
    Thanks!
    Matt-