Thread: hello

Default hello

i am searching for a video capture software the is basically like movie maker but can capture a few camera sources connected to the computer at once. at the same time. the cameras can be connected to the PC with USB or FW.

have anyone herd of a software like that?

1) open more then one capture session
    2) capture entire tape (like in movie maker, its auto rewind the tape and capture it all)
    3) capture as is, avi native.

i have tried a lot of softwares from Google but none had all 3 needs the i want. i am hopeless so i though maybe someone here might know about a software like that.
    if movie maker could be open more then once it could be best but...

thank you

shiran

Blog Entries

Never come across anything.

WHY ??????

because what do you do when you have 300 tapes to capture? i thought, connecting 5 video cameras to one PC and capture 5 tapes at once- can save a lot of time...

Blog Entries

Jeesh - 300 ! How come ??

archive...
    and this 300 got lost from the online file server. so i need to upload them back from the tapes.

Blog Entries

I see - bummer - sorry to say I think you will just have to do it piecemeal or use more PCs.

:(

the closest i found is "captureflux". it can capture from more then one source at the same time ,but, its not automatically rewinding the tape back so the person who portrait this have to wait till that tape will be rewinded so he can press the capture button.

Blog Entries

Personally, I don't see the efficiency gains here.
    1. There will be increased CPU load with multiple capture that would limit the advised number of simulatenous transfers
    2. There will be a physical limitation, that being the
      • The number of firewire sockets
      • The number of cameras
    I would suggest that setting up three PCs with three cameras would be a more optimal solution. You could set them up so they share the same keyboard. Assuming they all have WMM, you could create a batch command that runs WMM and then inputs the required key commands on all three PCs. The user will only have to (each hour):
    1. Load the tapes
    2. Repeat the keystrokes
    Assuming a seven hour day, 5 day week and that all tapes are an hour long, this would take 100 days.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do!