Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Four Elise

Blog Entries

Default Four Elise

[WARNING - this video contains mild references to the occult and some elements of cuteness. Viewers with a tendency to go "Ahhhh" should avoid]

This is perhaps not entirely in the spirit of this section as I'm fully aware of the technical shortcomings in this film - indeed it started out as simply an experiment using masking and live action in Vegas (and I learnt a lot from it). Consequently it's somewhat disjointed - lots of fade-through-black between shots and the sound is rubbish as I hadn't intended to use any live sound when filming. Feel free to criticise anyway - there might be something I hadn't picked up on.

But the actress was so good and I think the story works.

Last edited by TimStannard; 04-14-2012 at 02:32 PM. Reason: to fix broken link
    Tim

Excellent video, never mind the jump cuts and techy stuff, it was very enjoyable and good execution of the effects. Why the German title at the start?

Blog Entries

I wish I were an rastranaut too. Way too cute for this section.

Ahh, you're right. Way too cute. "A bit that way ... No ... go back a bit that way."

You really already described anything else I might've said. Although, I do not take lightly to little children being subjected to the occult. lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    Why the German title at the start?
    The music is the famous Beethoven piano piece known as "F űr Elise" (which translates simply as "For Elise"). But then Elise appears in four guises so I allow myself perhaps the worst play on words ever.
    Tim

Very nice Tim. I enjoyed it... and yes I cought myself saying Awww a few times..lmao
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Yes... aaaahhhhh.

Even a jaded old video professional like meself enjoyed that.

Balls to the techie stuff. It's just not that kind of film is it?.. so don't get hung up on that.
    The medium is not the message.

Blog Entries

Tis a work of art I say. Genius.

That kid is great for the camera.

Great script well executed. I am sure that took a deal of thought to execute so it all came together so well.

Charming.

Blog Entries

Thanks Thurston and Mark.

The script was one of those things that just came to me in the car whilst commuting. Really it was pure accident - I just wanted a vehicle for experimenting with cloning/masking and any old script would have done. Perhaps it was that lack of pressure to come up with a good script that helped.

As for the actress, well she's four and a half now and well aware of her abilities. Consequently she charges far too much for an amateur like me.
    Tim

Blog Entries

The best scripts fall from the sky unbidden.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast