Thread: Getting lines when I output my timeline to DV

Default Getting lines when I output my timeline to DV

I'm having some trouble when exporting some of my footage to my DV camcorder. When I export footage containing filmstrips I end up getting black lines across the screen. I kept the aspect ratio the same the entire time I went from timeline to filmstrip and back, so what could be causing this and what can I do? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgedgar View Post
    I'm having some trouble when exporting some of my footage to my DV camcorder. When I export footage containing filmstrips I end up getting black lines across the screen. I kept the aspect ratio the same the entire time I went from timeline to filmstrip and back, so what could be causing this and what can I do? Thanks.
    What is your workflow, software, hardware etc.. It might be specific to a certain item you're using. It wuld help people answer your question with more info...

With that said, I haven't run into the problem so Im not sure whats causing it.But with more information someone here might know... good luck
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Windows 2000, Premiere 6.5

I had exported some of the footage to filmstrip format, same FPS and aspect ratio. Before editing the filmstrip I used the de-interlace effect in photoshop.

Black lines across the screen? Top and bottom or throughout the frame? Can you post a screen grab of this on here.

This is what I get. Untitled.jpg

Why did you deinterlace? I don't think you would have this problem if you had not done that.
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

Try and export your Filmstrip again but this time untick De-Interlace.

Here's what I did. When I first exported it (before adding any effects) it looked really bad when turned to a filmstrip. I ended up going to Filter>Video>De-interlace to make it look good again (otherwise it was pixelated, even when re-imported back into Premiere). So now that it's all edited can I fix this without started all the way over again?

Are you doing lower field first? If so try changing to upper field first.