Thread: Promo Video for A humanitarian group

Default Promo Video for A humanitarian group

This is a video I put together for a humanitaria group that goes to Cambodia every year. The video will be used as a marketing tool to take along to churches and civic groups to raise money for their mission..

Please note I did not take any of this video. I mearly took their raw video and did the editing.. I did record the audio live at one of their concerts I recorded.. I will embed the video for ease of watching.. any comments are welcome, thanks.....

Last edited by Chapman Photography; 03-01-2009 at 04:20 AM.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Hi,

I think the actual content there is good and think you've done an excellent job on the audio; I can't stand it when these kind of films have bad audio!

The only criticism I'd make is that the vast majority of the footage looks like it has a blue wash over it, and it is very noticeable. Your film would benefit a great deal from even a very basic grade. If you're working on Avid I can give you an 'idiots's guide' on how to get rid of the worst of it, or if you want to contact me I'd consider doing a grade on the cheap as it's a charity project.

Good wee piece overall though, but definitely try and sort the colour cast out one way or another.

Blog Entries

Ditto cdf plus:
    The captions could benefit from having a darker background or drop shadow and/or outline. Some of them didn't stand out from the lighter parts of the film.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by cdf View Post
    Hi,

I think the actual content there is good and think you've done an excellent job on the audio; I can't stand it when these kind of films have bad audio!

The only criticism I'd make is that the vast majority of the footage looks like it has a blue wash over it, and it is very noticeable. Your film would benefit a great deal from even a very basic grade. If you're working on Avid I can give you an 'idiots's guide' on how to get rid of the worst of it, or if you want to contact me I'd consider doing a grade on the cheap as it's a charity project.

Good wee piece overall though, but definitely try and sort the colour cast out one way or another.
    I agree there is a blue tint. Im working with Vega Pro 8, That is something that needs to be fixed.. Thanks for the input
    Wil

Software Used:

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Ditto cdf plus:
    The captions could benefit from having a darker background or drop shadow and/or outline. Some of them didn't stand out from the lighter parts of the film.
    Thanks Tim, Yeah it is hard to read in spots.. The higher res version looks a little better but I'll be sure to change the font and color
    Wil

Software Used: