Hello everyone! I found this forum via Yahoo.
I am experiencing loads of problems with editing some video and I was hoping to find help here. I searched through this particular forum for some answers, but nothing seemed to really fit my situation. First of all, I am a complete beginner in the world of editing video. I have made a couple of videos from scratch, but I am in 100% uncharted waters here. I will try to explain my troubles in as much detail as I can.
If you have ever seen the infamous YouTube video of the "short version" of The Big Lebowski (nsfw video if you go to look it up now - nothing but f-bombs), this is basically what I want to accomplish, minus all the cussing.
What I am trying to do:
I am trying to edit DVDs of a tv show. I'm trying to take many small clips from the show and mix them down to one video compilation.
What I am using:
I am ripping the DVDs to my hard drive using the program DVD Shrink 3.2. My video editing program is a full, licensed version of Sony Vegas Pro 8.0
There are several. I will itemize them and provide as much detail as possible.
1) After ripping, there are many files in the Video_TS folder. The extensions used from the rip are .BUP, .IFO, and .VOB. The only files that seem to contain the actual episode video/audio are the .VOB file.
2) There are 4 episodes on each disc. The first episode is the only video/audio file that seems to start and stop at the beginning and end of the episode. The other three episodes are mixed up in one another. Some do not have beginnings and some have no endings. Some, both problems.
3) I have tried ripping both compressed and uncompressed. Same problems.
4) On some of the files, the audio track flatlines about 3/4 of the way to the end (no sound plays) and the actual audio track does not go to the end of the video track.
5) When I copy the bit(s) I want to use from the first video file that contains the first episode, the sound and video match wonderfully after pasting them where I want them. When I open the next video file (another episode) and copy/paste, the sound doesn't play at all. Then, when I playback from the first set of copy/pastes, the previously successful ones, the sound breaks in and out.
In my novice video editing, I suspect the initial problem is in the ripping. If this is not the case, I am at a loss. If this is the case, well, I am still at a loss.
I can provide screenshots of my project if it will help to convey my issue.
So, would there be any video editing gurus here that might be able to lend a poor guy a hand? You would make my life SOOOOO much less frustrating. This, in turn, will make my wife much happier, fully increasing the quality of my life.
Thanks in advance,