Thread: "1/356" (2004) cinematographic impression

Warsaw, Poland, EU

Default "1/356" (2004) cinematographic impression

Here's another older work of mine. Short visual impression about one day in Warsaw.

that was really cool, i really enjoyed it.
    it could be that ive been smokin and drinking, but it came off, more so in the first minute as a very trippy film, i love the use of the sound samples which added to that effect.
    the only thing i think would have made it better was if the soundtrack was pink floyd.
    the soundtrack was cool, and im increasingly learning about the reality of using well known music in a video, however amatur the video may be,
    but i thought the time the sound track best fitted the video was the morning scene with the train

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    im increasingly learning about the reality of using well known music in a video, however amatur the video may be,
    I hope you're also learning about the legality of so doing, as well
    And Miles Davis is hardly unknown!

Western Europe

I enjoyed watching your video aswell, at first I thought it was going be sort of Matrixesque, is that you wearing the sunglasses? You did a good job on showing the hustle and bustle of a busy city both by day and night, a few more shots of scenery would have been nice as I think you spent too long on some shots. Personally I wouldn't use well known pieces of music as the audience tends to focus on the tune rather than the narrative. For some strange reason I was expecting a large Monty Python style foot to come down out of the sky at the end and squash the guy, but maybe the ending could have been a bit stronger. There wasn't a pay off at the end where you go...oh, now I get this guy, this is what he is all about. If advertisers can tell a story in a 30 second ad with a pay off at the end then you should be able to do it in 3 minutes. We need to find out more about this character, use him in your next video(s) but give him some depth, a backstory and maybe a 'purpose'?