Thread: Paid help making a movie for my wife's 40th party

Exclamation Paid help making a movie for my wife's 40th party

Hi there, I have just purchased Studio 12 wanting to put together a movie for my wife's secret 40th party. I have over 300 digital photos, 20 film clips and 10 audio tracks ready to mash together into something compelling.

The problem is time, I just don't have enough of it to do this justice. The date of the party is 26th April so there is time left but I desperately need help in putting this together.

I am posting here to see if anyone (I am based in London) is willing and able to help me put this together. I am willing to pay of course but not crazy money, I just don't have it.

I want to meet the person first of course and give them a brief of what I want. I also am looking very much for their own ideas.

Can anyone help me PLEASE.

Thanks, Trev

Blog Entries

Hi Trev, welcome to the fun world of video making! In terms of paying someone to do this for you in it's entirety, you're probably looking at around 150-200 if you get a part timer. Obviously a lot more if you go to a media company, but this really doesn't justify their type of work quality.

However, almost two months is a LONG time and you'll easily be able to learn Pinnacle and edit together something in no time...

Thanks for the quick response Marc. I am willing to pay in that order if I can find the right person. I am not looking for them to do everything but at least put it together in a way that I only have to tweak it, add and remove stuff. change titles etc. Will need to be a close collaboration though. Know anyone?
    Cheers, Trev

Blog Entries

Pretty much most of the posters on this board would be more than capable. The only problem is that they probably wouldn't work with Pinnacle - to that extent, you wouldn't be able to tweak it after delivery. Does that makes sense?

It must be Studio so I can finish it and make changes.

ANother question since you are so helpful

Can you recommend some free software utility to split some mpeg movies I have into different scenes?

Cheers again. Trev

Blog Entries

VideoRedo isn't free, but will cut and splice without having to re-encode everything.

However, why do you need to cut them? You can do this (generally) within your edting application if you want to use them as part of your video.