Thread: free editing software

1. Default free editing software

This question doesn't really belong here, but I couldn't figure out where else to put it. I was just wondering if there are any decent free/open source video editing programs. I am not planning on doing any heavy duty editing and I don't have a budget to invest in some of the really advanced programs. I will be mainly editing videos I have made with my web camera.

windows movie maker should be good enough for editing your webcam's video.

3. Default

I guess I could do that. However I was thinking of other functions that Windows media maker doesn't have. I need to create some basic animations with text and pictures, like you would do in PowerPoint. I could do it in PowerPoint, but I would have to use a screen capture program to record the animations and that would be a lot of trouble. Do you know of a simple animation program that functions similar to PowerPoint?

Camstudio is easy to use for screencapturing in windows.

and free

5. Default

I have that program. That is what I had in mind when I was suggesting capturing PowerPoint animations. However, the process of doing that is a little involved. I was hoping to find a program with PowerPoint like animation features that can be saved as a video file.