Thread: Electrocardiogram with Premiere CS3

Default Electrocardiogram with Premiere CS3 (need a quick answer)

Hey, I'm new to this forum and I'm not even sure if I posted this in the right section, but here it goes.

I just downloaded Adobe Premiere CS3 (trial, I've got the full version at school, but I haven't used it in like a year) and I don't have a clue how could I make some effects to a video.

For example, let's say I wanted to make a raining snow effect, would I have to download another program to create the effects with or can it be done with Premiere?

The effect I would want to do is Electrocardiogram (a monster word, yep).

I want a white line with a spark (as you can see at the end of the picture) create a shape like that. I also want the line leave a faint shadow after it which fades away as the line moves on.

Please help me to create this effect with / to Premiere.
    Last edited by unska; 02-26-2009 at 09:46 AM.

It'd be easier to do in After Effects. After effects is fior effects and premiere is for putting video together. premiere can do some simple effects such as transistions and chroma key but it's better to use after effects.

I'll download After Effects trial. Could you help me how I could create such effect.

You could do it in Premiere with the track matte key.

For snow and rain there are ways to accomplish it with the program alone, or to get a really great looking effect there are plug ins you can purchase. Sometimes you can find plugins for free if you keep your eyes open
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

i havn't tried playing abobut with the track matte key. maybe you'll be of more use to unska than me.

Nevermind..
    Last edited by unska; 02-26-2009 at 02:43 PM.