Thread: vhs to dvd

Default vhs to dvd

Hi

Newbie here seeking help from one or more of you guys.

Just purchase one of these (USB DIGI VIDEO GRABBER CONVERT VIDEO VHS TO DVD PC LAPT) but as the norm you always have to purchase more cables.

This item has four connections the red , yellow. white and also a din plug that needs to join with a scart to the tv.
    Right do i have to connect the vhs player to the tv or can ijust go vhs player to laptop thus leaving the din/scart void, will this work.
    As you can see i have no clue as to the connections but keen to learn

Thanks in advance

Blog Entries

You do not need the connection to the TV. Go straight from VCR to laptop. Think of the laptop as the replacement to the TV.

you do not need the s-video lead (the din) you can use either s-video or composite.

Really would like some assistance smifis,
    As you see i have a usb video grabber and really do not understand why i am unable to get it going.
    It comes with four cables, yellow,white,red and a four pin din. The cables are all female so i have purchased male extentions and placed the white in the analoge left, the red in the analoge right, the din cable i have purchased a scert attatchment and placed it in the rgb out, the yellow i have no idea where it goes.
    On the screen view i have sound but no picture and when i press record i get this message no video signal detected, check the source video, this is where i have up to.
    many thanks

Not all devices will output s-video through the scart. use a scartr to composite (RCA, the yellow one ) and connect up using that.

standard color codes:
    yellow - composite video - common for consumer equipment
    red - right audio channe (stereo)
    white - left audio cahnnel (stereo) - audio (mono)
    s-video - din - video but better quality.

you only need one video signal.