Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new her and I need some help

Default new here and I need some help

Hi guys new here. I just bought a new digital camer that also takes hd video. I dont want to do anything fancy just some video clips mixed with pictures and some music in the background. I started to use window movie maker but it does not want to hadle the hd. So I downloaded version 2.6 and get this message(The collection of files is not valid or corrupted. A new empty collection files has been created.) I guess I can use regcure to fix it but it cost 30 bucks. I bought avs video editor 4 and it has issues to. I started to make a movie and when I preview it it played fine once then the second time when the first vid clip is done playing the cuser on the story board keeps going but the screen stays blank. Then I will move the cusor to any point on the storyboard and it will show nothing. And there are more issues. I have emailed them back and forth sevaral times and am still not happy with there solutions or the results. I requested my money back. Is there anything cheep out there that you guys have used that you know works well with hd? Please help I have asked eveywhere and have had no luck.
    Last edited by kayaker72; 02-22-2009 at 01:47 PM.

The normal advice is to try out demo versions of the more well known software - Adobe Premiere Elements, Sony Vegas Movie Studio (platinum), Pinnacle Studio and see what takes your fancy.

Just as a matter of interest, what camera are you using, and what format is the video file in?

camera is a samsung nv24hd, and it is in mpeg4.

Blog Entries

" new her and i need some help " - lols - Sex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    " new her and i need some help " - lols - Sex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    *slap*

Kayaker - please ignore MarkW. We only let him out very occasionally.

good one!

Any other help tho......I am in the prosess of testing the porgrams you recomended. But would like to know if anybody has used these for hd or not.

It's like they say it's best to try them all, I personally use Video Studio Pro X2 for HD, and have no problems with it.

I tried the trial version of video studio pro x2 and when I try to add my video clips to the library I get a "File format mismach." error WHY THE @#$% cant I find a program that will handle hd and in the mpeg4 format!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do I do can I change the format without sacraficing any quality. why does no one support this formatt. ( and while I am on this subject I hade the avs ad on the top of this page it doesnt handle mpeg4 very well I am getting my money back from them) Sorry about my whining guys.

Hi you probably need something like K-Lite codec pack you will find it here:-

K-Lite Codec Pack Full 4.6.2 (Windows), from Codec Guide - Software Downloads - TechRepublic

I currently have three trial video editing programmes on my PC: Sony Vegas, Cyberlink Power Director and Edit Studio. Personally I like Edit Studio, but my wife, who has a HD cam and runs a local news video website, likes Power Director so she's bought that.
    I'll probably get Edit Studio at some point.
    I wonder whether a pretty interface influences these decisions; Vegas has a pretty colourless interface.
    My advice is to get a few trial versions on your PC and run the same piece of footage through them all.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast