Thread: .avi problem - lagging video

Default .avi problem - lagging video

Hello!
    I've installed new codecs so I can operate with .avi, but it kinda...lags.
    [ame="http://www.zshare.net/video/55816394a12be59f/"]zSHARE - Problem.mov[/ame]
    Here I've uploaded preview of what I mean, it does in Sony Vegas, AE and even when just playing the clips.
    Anyone knows where the problem is?

Well there are two worrying points to your question:
    1. "I've installed new codecs."
    What codecs did you install and where did you get them from? If you got one of those "all in one every codec you will ever need for free" codec packs then this may be the source of your problem. If you have Vegas then there should be no need for you to install extra codecs.

2. "so I can operate with .avi"
    avi is not a true file format, it is a wrapper, a container file. There are about 800 individual file types that use the extension .avi including mp4, Xvid and on and on.

Where did the files come from? From within Vegas report back here what the properties of the files are being reported as.

Quote Originally Posted by lancecarr View Post
    Well there are two worrying points to your question:
    1. "I've installed new codecs."
    What codecs did you install and where did you get them from? If you got one of those "all in one every codec you will ever need for free" codec packs then this may be the source of your problem. If you have Vegas then there should be no need for you to install extra codecs.

2. "so I can operate with .avi"
    avi is not a true file format, it is a wrapper, a container file. There are about 800 individual file types that use the extension .avi including mp4, Xvid and on and on.

Where did the files come from? From within Vegas report back here what the properties of the files are being reported as.
    Sony Vegas couldn't play those files, so I've installed MJPEG and xvid/divx codecs, but that still wasn't enough, so I've installed KLM Codec Pack.

Indiscriminately downloading and installing codecs and codec packs without specifically knowing which particular codec the footage requires is a short road to video editing hell.

Please, tell me where you got the files from and from within your editing program get the exact properties of the files and post back here.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaforty View Post
    Sony Vegas couldn't play those files, so I've installed MJPEG and xvid/divx codecs, but that still wasn't enough, so I've installed KLM Codec Pack.
    I used to used this without any problems until i did a reinstall and so i installed the latest version...bad idea. it's much better to only instal the codecs you need. you can find out what codec is needed for a particular file using g-spot. since you've already installed the k-lite codec pack it should be avaliable in start menu -->all pregrams-->k-lite codec pack --> tools --> g-spot.

I sugggest uninstalling the k-lite codec pack.

Thanks guys, I've uninstalled those codecs and found the ones I need, now it works

done forget to thank us! lol

Quote Originally Posted by smifis View Post
    done forget to thank us! lol
    Already said, but Thank you again

lmao joking. Every little helps