Thread: JVC GZ-HD7 NTSC to PAL

Default JVC GZ-HD7 NTSC to PAL

Hi, I recently purchased a JVC GZ-HD7 without realising that it records in NTSC - is it possible to change a setting somewhere to record in PAL or, if not, can anyone recommend software to quickly convert without losing quality?

I have used Pinnacle Studio 11 to convert but it's a long slow job.

Many thanks for reading/advice

Tony

Have you checked that you DVD player and TV wont play NTSC, it may be just here in NZ but all the DVD players and TVs are dual format, I have never found a good software converter as they all drop frames to convert to PAL, the only other way is a Standards Converter, which does it in real time but can be very expensive.

Thanks for the suggestion, however, the camera is a second camera (I already had a JVC HD7) so the idea was/is to film from different angles and edit into one file - the issue being that I have a mix of NTSC & PAL clips.

Open to any ideas (before I end up re-selling the camera)

convert to pal after shooting?

Hi,

On the original camera I simply download the footage, convert to mpeg (from the crazy .tod files) and the files are at 25fps.

Do the same with the second camera and they convert to 29.97fps

I've gone through the manuals, surfed the net and tried (without success) to get advice form JVC on how/if I can alter some hidden setting to PAL but can't find an answer anywhere.

Ideally I'd like both cameras to shoot at 25fps so converting is a backup option that, by choice, I don't want to use.

Quote Originally Posted by y_not View Post
    Hi,

On the original camera I simply download the footage, convert to mpeg (from the crazy .tod files) and the files are at 25fps.

Do the same with the second camera and they convert to 29.97fps

I've gone through the manuals, surfed the net and tried (without success) to get advice form JVC on how/if I can alter some hidden setting to PAL but can't find an answer anywhere.

Ideally I'd like both cameras to shoot at 25fps so converting is a backup option that, by choice, I don't want to use.
    in the program you use to convert the .tod file you might be able to change it to PAL. alternativly you could import it into your video editing program and try and insert it like that. i know premier pro will let you do this.