Thread: sony motion picture browser

Default sony motion picture browser

hi all, i am new here and need a little help with a problem. when trying to install above for my new dsc-sr55e, i get to the steps page,do steps 1-4, press continue and nothing happens. license agreement promp is supposed to appear but left it for an hour and no change?! am i doing something wrong?
    can anyone help?

Default windows moviemaker and the Sony handycam

I'm very sorry but I haven't got an answer for your problem, It could be something to do with your software load and you could try rebooting the program.

I have a related problem but cannot post a new thread.

I can download video from my handycam (HDD version), but can't then edit it on moviemaker. I can't import the video into moviemaker. Does anyone know why?

Dave M

Your HDD camcorder will be recording MPEG2 files most likely with Dolby (AC3) Stereo sound.
    Movie Maker has no MPEG2 codec associated with it as that requires a licence.

If you were to get the footage into Movie Maker what would be your final format for the project? ie How do you want to view the final product?
    Last edited by lancecarr; 02-27-2009 at 02:53 PM.

sony motion picture browser
    Try re-starting your computer in "Safe Mode" then try the install again.

Have changed the format to .avi and can now use the footage in Movie maker. I think there's a patch for Pinnacle 9 and I intend downloading this as well.
    I plan to copy to disc for TV playing/computer playing.

This is annoying! The other problem is that, when I open the folder with the raw downloaded footage in, there seems to be a conflict with something as the computer just wants to close the folder down. the only way I can carry on is by ignoring the popup message and carry on. If I click OK on the message, the folder with the footage closes and a message is sent to microsoft.

Where's my old super 8 projector....