View Poll Results: What do you think of it? (Mark out of 10)

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

1 100.00%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

Thread: The Alien

Default The Alien

Hi, I'm new around here and not particularily good with any editing software! I understand the basics though and managed to create this little short entitled 'The Alien'. It's pretty basic but I hope you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshy View Post
    Hi, I'm new around here and not particularily good with any editing software! I understand the basics though and managed to create this little short entitled 'The Alien'. It's pretty basic but I hope you like it!
    The opening was the best part, though that could be cut down from 10 seconds to three, or less.

Blog Entries

Perhaps you could tell us what we're looking at - eg did you create the background? What did you use to create the "alien"?
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Perhaps you could tell us what we're looking at - eg did you create the background? What did you use to create the "alien"?
    Sorry didn't really include much info earlier.

Ok, so you're looking at an alien. This alien was originally my mum, but as you can see I edited her... Slightly. :P

I did some masking to cut her out from the original background, change the shape of her face and I then did another masking layer to edit in the green skin colour. I didn't create the background either.

That's basically it! It's pretty simple, but cool. In all honesty I should of made it longer!

Hello.

Mummy Shrek..

My tiny advice here is leave your name / channel tag until the end of the video, it chews up too much time, enough time to have people click away from your effort.

Keep this in mind for all youtube content, often your dealing with a audience with a attention span no longer than 10 seconds, your pushing to keep anyone for longer than 30 seconds if there is no content to feast on.

Also don't make content for youtube less than 30 seconds, I see your right on the money here.
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo

Quote Originally Posted by rollingstock View Post
    Hello.

Mummy Shrek..

My tiny advice here is leave your name / channel tag until the end of the video, it chews up too much time, enough time to have people click away from your effort.

money here.
    My mum said that she thought it looked like the princess from Shrek as well! Cheers for the advice on the tag. I think I'll take it into account.