Thread: What's the best I can get out of this?

Default What's the best I can get out of this?

Hello all. I'm kinda familiar with Sony Vegas, it's just that I dont really know the difference between most of the rendering formats.

I want to record a video with a digital camera and I want to render it so it shows as good as it can on YouTube. Maybe not the new Widescreen format, but at least in high quality (you know when the image fills the whole screen, no black bars to the sides).

So my camera captures (again, it's not very good anyway) video in up to 640 x 480 at 30 frames per second, in AVI (MJPEG) format. Or so I found on the web.

Should I render in avi or mp4 or what? The video wont last more than 5 mins so I guess video size is not a problem. What's the best I get out of it, image and sound quality speaking? Please post settings. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Ok ty. That clears up the video quality. What about audio? Cause I'll be recording myself playing the guitar. So I want it to sound good.

I saw a tutorial on how to get the best resolution on Youtube and it used the same settings you posted in that post. The only thing I cant manage to do is save it with MPEG Layer 3 audio. I dont know why, it wont let me save it as that. When I click save it changes the audio setting back to PCM Uncompressed. Is there really any difference between these two?

Quote Originally Posted by Paisa View Post
    The only thing I cant manage to do is save it with MPEG Layer 3 audio.
    I can save Audio as MP3. I am looking at and performed one now.

I dont know why, it wont let me save it as that. When I click save it changes the audio setting back to PCM Uncompressed.
    Be very specific with your process.

Step 1: I did this

Step 2: I did this

and so on . . .

Is there really any difference between these two?
    Most definitely! MP3 is a lossy delivery format. It uses, amongst other things, "Psychoacoustic Modelling" to represent what the listener would hear. In a similar way as JPEG compression "manipulates" a graphic in consolidating "similar" pixel configurations, the MP3 process compresses "unheard" freqs and either discards them OR finds the next best match. The resultant file is much smaller than PCM uncompressed.

Blog Entries

Every time I buy a CD of a torranted tune I am amazed at how rubbish 128 mbit mp3 sounds - it is dire - and it is a shame that many people assume mp3s are as good as the original CD.