Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiring a cinema screen

Default Hiring a cinema screen

Hi people, I was wondering if anyone had any advice/experience with hiring a local cinema to screen an independantly produced film? I ask because I am about to start production on a project that will need to be showcased on a big screen and I'm aware of people hiring out a cinema screen for one night to showcase their work but I have no idea how to go about this, I have called my local cineworld here in Birmingham but the guy i spoke to had no idea what he was talking about and seemed to think i was making a ludacris proposal.

If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated.

PS the project's final format will be full HD/PAL & i aim to showcase the project to the 100 or so people involved with the production.

Blog Entries

Try contacting the IAC IAC - Introduction to great movie making!. They organise festivals up & down the country and will no doubt have knowledge of cinemas of the sort of size you want.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cappa esquire View Post
    I have called my local cineworld here in Birmingham but the guy i spoke to had no idea what he was talking about and seemed to think i was making a ludacris proposal.
    You'd have thought that somone working in a cinema would share a mutual passion for filmmaking . I'd certainly follow up on Tim's lead, but don't discount contacting more of your local cinemas, particalarly any independants. However, make sure you talk to the decision makers - find out when the manager will be in and pop down to talk with them.

We have a independent cinema here in Aberdeen and I contacted them direct. They were even good enough to quote me hourly rates for the three screens they had to offer.

Go local and get taken seriously.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    You'd have thought that somone working in a cinema would share a mutual passion for filmmaking .
    Lol. Years ago I worked for a famous frozen food producer. Occasionally some of us in IT had to visit the coalface where the pies were made. I think it's fair to say anyone who's seen a frozen beef pie in the process of manufacture is unlikely to share a passion for meat pies ever again.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Lol. Years ago I worked for a famous frozen food producer. Occasionally some of us in IT had to visit the coalface where the pies were made. I think it's fair to say anyone who's seen a frozen beef pie in the process of manufacture is unlikely to share a passion for meat pies ever again.
    And if you saw the state of pension scheme data, you'd likewise stuff all your cash under the mattress.

Blog Entries

If you are near Bristol uk ( unlikely i know ) ,we have a local indepentant that is so independant thay never show anything any good - lols.

I know for a fact it is dead cheap to hire thier 300 seat cinema - and they have open film nights every month where they show what you bring.

Cube Cinema Bristol

Blog Entries

This may be of use:

Independent Cinema Office

When I was a student I went to a local arts center and they allowed us to show our films there for one evening at a cost of about 130-150, we spilit this cost between all the video groups and had a great laugh. As another thought, a university may allow you to to hire a lecture hall with projector, this may be a bit of a lame aproach if they have poor facilities.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ContrastDesign View Post
    As another thought, a university may allow you to to hire a lecture hall with projector, this may be a bit of a lame aproach if they have poor facilities.
    Nice idea!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast