Thread: My first Posted video

Default My first Posted video

Hey guys I'm new to this forum and i just recently started making videos as a passion and i love doing it.

As of now I am making videos with my friends to get practice and try new things so here is on of our videos... Please comment on here or on the site if possible. Thanks and enjoy!!!

Blog Entries

I almost gave up duriing the intro - it didn't work (for me).
    I'm glad I didn't. Simple idea which I found very amusing. You guys looked like you were having a lot of fun (someone once said to me he likes to get smiling people in his vids to "lift" them).

The only problem is any idea, no matter how good, gets stale after a few repeats so my advice to you would be to cut the number of scenes in half (or make it even shorter). They all have their merits - there are just too many of them.

I loved the effect at the end under the titles. Simply achieved (though I expect it took some time to get the composition levels & colours "just right").

Were you actually driving the car - how did you do it with the driver reversed in his seat?
    Tim

I have to say that is a great concept running in that video, its the sort of video which could easily go viral...but..!

You will have to trust me here, I do know my youtube..

The intro piece really lets the video down, remember on youtube you have to impress within seconds, that first 10 seconds is critical, your first 10 seconds is turn off material, and believe me it really sucks compared to the content which follows.

You have to jump straight to the in car stuff, keep those track changes going, bring the video down to sub 3min, I would aim for 2.5min to be honest, and you would have a very good chance at a viral hit.

I loved it for its simple idea, great transitions effects, good bunch of guys just having fun, and good use of simple props, there is much for others to learn from this video..

If your not on youtube to dominate the video world, well throw my comment in the bin, it will be a great video to look back to in time when your as old as me.
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo

4. Default

Very good but agree, would have been far better shorter, maybe serialised so you had Road Trip part 1 and then part 2 etc etc. Also, thought the clips that weren't quite so literal were better so not a massive fan of the basic singing along clips but liked the more obscure ones, especially Jack Johnson.

Lot of scope there for a future project!!

P.S In your credits, it's 'starring' not 'staring'

Blog Entries

Lols - boys in vests and gas masks - drive to mine - lols.

That was something I havent seen befor - I really liked it - captured something of the vibe of youth nicely. Genuinely amusing... but...

BUT

Far too long - cut to half the length and it's a winner.

I concur with everything that's been said. Funny but way too long--though the running gag of falling asleep to Brittany Spears was pretty good.

Blog Entries

I suggest keeping all the jumps - just snappier - maybe getting more manic as it progresses.

thank you guys so much i will be re-doing the video some time soon, we didn't have that much time to film, and honestly the intro didn't work out the way it was planned.......

and the driver wasn't flipped upside down he was trying to get out of the cameras view but failed because of the wide angle lens.

Thanks again for the constructive criticism..... Video will be up soon!!!

everytime i go to post on this forum someone has beat me to the keyboard.
    great concepts, but too long, i say half the vid length