Thread: Downloading Buttons for Encore

Default Downloading Buttons for Encore

Well I'm quite excited as I burned my first DVD last night ... and it played in the DVD player downstairs perfectly.

My question though concerns the buttons that are packaged with Encore. Or rather the lack of them. You see, there aren't many of them and the ones there are a little bit "blocky." I was just wondering whether knows any websites that will allow you to download other buttons to be imported into your work. I've seen some sites that allow users to download various menus, so I was hoping there might be somewhere that does a smilar thing with buttons.

Failing that, I'm sure I could design my own buttons in Photoshop or something although I'm presuming they wouldn't be the kind of buttons that show a screenshot of the linked clip. Is there any way around that?

Thanks very much for your help!

Morty
    Pentium 4 3.2GHz - 2x512MB RAM - 120GB Hard Drive - Plextor PX-712A 12x4x DVDRW - Sapphire ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Ultimate 256MB - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 - Adobe Premiere Pro, Encore(v1) and Audition (v1.5)

I'd be interested in links for Encore resources myself. Always handy to have.

However, if you have found some downloadable menus then you already have more buttons don't you? Just open those new menus up in Photoshop, remove all the other layers other than a single button and 'save as' - instant new button.

As for creating buttons that you can drag and drop a timeline to to get a frame of your movie inside the button. Read the documentation. It's just a case of getting yor layer naming convention correct. i.e. a layer with a specific suffix (can't rememebr what it i though offhand) will be replaced by frame picture when a timeline is dragged onto it. Simple as that.

Maybe you could include links to the downloadable menus you have already found - for the rest of us.

Thanks alot for the reply Millsy. Here are the links I've found so far for various menu sets:

NTSC menu set

PAL menu set

I haven't actually downloaded any yet, although I think I'll try them tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by millsy
    Read the documentation. It's just a case of getting yor layer naming convention correct. i.e. a layer with a specific suffix (can't rememebr what it i though offhand) will be replaced by frame picture when a timeline is dragged onto it. Simple as that.
    Thanks alot for the tip - unfortunately, I'm only using a trial version at the moment, so I don't have the documentation ... yet! Having said that though, now I know about the suffix I'll have a look at the way that the other buttons are constructed.

Thanks alot for your help ... I'll keep searching for various Encore links.
    Pentium 4 3.2GHz - 2x512MB RAM - 120GB Hard Drive - Plextor PX-712A 12x4x DVDRW - Sapphire ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Ultimate 256MB - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 - Adobe Premiere Pro, Encore(v1) and Audition (v1.5)