Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AirVenture

Default AirVenture

Hello all ... I am not new to home video editing, but I am new to blogs. I just started a blog at cowygr8 | home movies ... turn video footage into exciting home movies. and have some of my own home movies loaded there. Here is one that I would like to submit to this forum (for review - yikes):

http://www.cowygr8.com/wordpress/vid...re_cowygr8.wmv

Blog Entries

What is the point of this video? It's not clear. A film should have some sense of purpose, be that telling a story, a record of events, promoting something, making an argument for or against something,whatever, but this is a collection of clips which apart from the fact they're something to do with aviation seem to have little in common or to keep the viewers' interest (even the keenest aviation fan)

It's quite possible that simply a title or a few captions would make the purpose clear, but we don't know! I'm sure it's obvious to you as you've no doubt spent countless hours collecting and editing together these clips.

And I've just had a quick look at your blog. I suggest you take cover. I hope the aim of your blog is just free advice.

Asking as an amatuer how you can improve your home movies will gain you plenty of friendly advice here. But if you're trying to set yourself up as a business you'll need to be a LOT better. The professionals (of whom there are quite a few here) quite rightly get very upset when anyone offers sub-standard work as it tarnishes the industry as a whole.

And I trust you've got clearance for the copyright music.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums!

Although I can understand why you used a sepia effect, I don't think it really worked here. Perhaps it would have been good to set the scene for the first few seconds, and then use a cross disolve on the same video to go revert to the 'original' colours.

For me, there wasn't a sufficent mix of shots. Most were long shots, and there were perhaps too many cuts to the simalr shots of the same length. I would have liked to have seen a much greater variety of shots.

I can also see what your were trying to do with the 'old' and the 'new' but without much context, it was difficult to know why. A narrative would have been perfect. At the very least, perhaps you could have usd the speakers at the end as a voice over? On that note, it was near impossible to read the text at the end. Far too much to take in and far too small for the chosen resolution.

Apologies for the negativety! I also note the same aspect ration problem as that in ypur othet post.

Blog Entries

I get you have a blog now...

Is it a blog or a business? If the latter please dont spam this section.

Blog Entries

About your link - did you know that all the videos on the page start to play when the page opens? It was a bit scary -

Default aviation blog

I am not new to home video editing, but I am new to blogs
    Considering the top quote I found the blog / spam / ad to be much more organized than the aviation video.

Where do I start, well first it displayed to me in the wrong format, so everything looked all squashed up. I would say your video experience is not as good as you may think, even for home video standard.

To be honest I had no idea where this video was heading, I sure like aviation stuff and I know my planes. May I suggest each aircraft has a title, they all have names.

While I am on titles letís look at those titles used with the greats of aviation, first I could not read them, and the scrolling upwards method just does not work when combined with the persons shot.

While we are thinking about people your video of all those lovely aircraft needs the human factor inserted, cut-aways of people looking at the show, even crowd shots will break up the endless stream of very similar shots of aircraft.

A good example of how it should be done can be found on any TV news item on a airshow, there is always people cut into the scenes of planes.

The video goes on too long, without narration and only songs holding it up it does not work.

For home video standard itís quite good, as for anything else it needs lots of work.
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo

Blog Entries

I note that the blog link now links to a blog about learning french. How strange.

Blog Entries

Munchausens spamming by proxy ???

Mark your use of the English language is amazing, had to do some digging to understand your post.

Definition: Munchausen's Syndrome is the popular name for what the DSM-IV calls Factitious Disorder. Factitious Disorder is characterized by a person intentionally harming or making themselves ill in order to gain attention and care. In Factitious Disorder By Proxy, a person intentionally harms another person, also presumably to gain access to the sick role and the attention that sickness brings. A new twist on this disorder is the person who enters Internet chat rooms and forums and pretends to be ill in order to gain sympathy and attention.
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo

Blog Entries

Thanks - I am a psychiatric nurse in my occasional proper employment. ANd I read lots and play scrabble.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast