Thread: Urgent Help needed for Publishing animation!!

Post Urgent Help needed for Publishing animation!!

Hiya,

Need some urgent advice for an animation sequence created for a presentation conference this Thursday. I have created the sequence using after effects and have published to as an uncompressed 1280 x 720 Dimensions .mov file. This animation is to be played from a high spec laptop through a HD projector. Of course playing the file in an uncompressed format will cause it to stutter. I have access to Adobe Premier Pro CS3 to publish the animation and audio together.

Can anyone help with the best settings, codecs and output compression to maintain the best HD quality for the projector. It contains screen shots with text that starts to go unreadable on the setting I have tried so far. Somebody mentioned to me mpeg4 or something that DVD uses but am fearing that will lose quality as I know the resolution for DVD is lower?? (possible wrong there, not sure)

Any advice much appreciated. Please help urgently need help! Many thanks!

Blog Entries

WMV is the most widely used, most compatible and best performing compression method.

I suggest recompressing to a 6 mbit/sec vbr wmv at native res.

Thank you for the directions! Is it just a standard encoder to download or are there different WMV types?

Blog Entries

I am pretty sure the encoder is available for free from m soft web site. ' windows media encoder ' should find it. I havent used it for ages but I dont think it is hyper teccy to use.

Hey Mark,

Just wanted to say thanks. Managed to get an excellent animation file from that. Saved my bacon!

Kind regards

Blog Entries

No probs - send me money and girls - lols.

I could do with both of those myself! :p

Cheers bud!

Default Completed Animation

Hi Mark,

Wanted to let you know that the video you helped me publish is available on youtube. Tis the most complex production I have done so far completely by myself. Very exhausting but worth it! Except for the guitarist who is a good mate and helped me out with the backing track. Used 3ds max and after effects (published with Adobe Premier to WVM) heavily on this one. Was used at the Soccer Nation Expo in LA last week played on a loop for one of the stands on a projector screen. Let me know what you think if you have a chance to watch it....feedback from someone like yourself is deeply appreciated!

"Teamstats Preview" WATCH IN HD if you can. Standard youtube destroys good work! lol

Can I ask a quick one regarding cameras. Looking to buy the Canon XH-A1 Camcorder. Could you recommend this one?

Cheers bud for your help again.