Thread: Sony Vegas Black Screen

Default Sony Vegas Black Screen

Hey, I just got home an for the first time tried putting a video clip from my digital camera onto vegas which is a "video clip" file. An the audio works fine but the video in the preivew and even if I render it is black ? I tried rendering as .avi through movie maker an that worked but the sound quality drops too much an kind of skipped. When dragging it into avi splitter the program not responded. Anyone know why this video clip file isnt working or what I can do to get it work ? Let me know, Thankyou.

Laurie.

Blog Entries

Vegas is a video editor and as suckh is designed primarily to edit files from video cameras. Your post implies to me you may be using a stills camera.

If so which one as many do produce video vegas can edit but you wuill need the right codec?

Thanks Mark for your reply an yep you are spot on, im using video form a still camera of some footage iv shot at a show. So codec problems you think ? Where will I find a codec to make this work ? Let me know, Thanks again Mark for such a quick reply

Blog Entries

Just downloaded it, opened Vegas, tried again an still no luck :(. Any other ways around this ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by laurie_hammy View Post
    Any other ways around this ?
    Use the sound from your original clip and video from the avi? A kludge, but it'll get you going.
    Tim

Good idea ! I never would have though of that. Ill save the audio as mp3 on vegas an the video through movie maker. Wow, thanks Tim, ill let you know how I go.

Download G-Spot and give your file a once-over thru' that. It MAY come back with an answer as to just WHAT is inside it? Knowing is always good. Doesn't imply a solution, but you will learn from the process, and then maybe you are ready for another "file" next time?