Thread: video edit help!

Question video edit help!

hello! to everybody!!
    I just started with some video making and I have small but big problem.
    I wonder... I recorded something that has text in upper right corner (tv channel name) so, how should i remove that? is there some tool so I could blur it or something??

please help! thx

It depends on the software you are using but given that it should remain static throughout the video you could place an object, a mask, or a color block in the overlay track of the editor. Then resize and postion the overlay to block the offending item.
    Removing it would be impossible with a consumer level editing program.

You could try the logo remover filter for virtual dub, it's free and looks pretty effective, full details here:

VirtualDub MSU Logo Remover
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

hiya guys i've just joined here to see if you guys can help me?
    i've got about 30 videos on my laptop(not this pc) which i want to edit. They are videos i have taken whilst driving with a video camera fitted to the dashboard of my vehicle.
    What i want to do is to remove the vehicle reg plates or at least cover them up in the videos but i don't know how?
    At the moment i'm using windows movie maker but i dont think i can do it using this so what software can i use to do it with?
    Would prefer freeware software but as long as it's not too expensive i don't mind buying it.

Blog Entries

If you are editing someone elses material that has been tagged to identify it as such then it is wrong to remove thier logo - and if you do use thier work you should always credit the source of your video.

Claiming other peoples work as your own is wrong. I think it is unprofessional and wrong not to credit your sources.

If someone copies one of my videos and removes my tag I tend to go get quite cross - wouldnt you ?

Quote Originally Posted by RPPT1970 View Post
    hiya guys i've just joined here to see if you guys can help me?
    i've got about 30 videos on my laptop(not this pc) which i want to edit. They are videos i have taken whilst driving with a video camera fitted to the dashboard of my vehicle.
    What i want to do is to remove the vehicle reg plates or at least cover them up in the videos but i don't know how?
    At the moment i'm using windows movie maker but i dont think i can do it using this so what software can i use to do it with?
    Would prefer freeware software but as long as it's not too expensive i don't mind buying it.
    Number 7 on the FAQ gives the generic instructions:

Digital Video Editing Guides: Digital Director - faq

Movie Maker wont enable you to do it, you'll need software with an overlay video track - probably the most popular options are: Adobe Premiere Elements or Sony Vegas Platinum, both cost about £55, although there's plenty of other options, download free 30 day trails of either by following the links here:

Digital Video Editing Guides: Digital Director - links
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i