Thread: how could they be better?

Default how could they be better?

hey everyone, i joined as i was hoping some people could give me some hints as to how i could make my videos better, ive added a couple of videos for you to rate or slate.
    the content in one inst really hot, but im proud of my title credits and their ideas, the content of the other is way better but i rushed it out.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtlBjGGbfLU]YouTube - Fresh Blood[/ame]

any feedback as to how i can make my movies better is welcome

( second film removed - mod - mw )
    Last edited by Mark W; 02-12-2009 at 10:16 PM.

Blog Entries

We'd be pleased to comment, but please stick to ONE video per thread as it's impossible to know which video anyone is commenting upon if there are more than one.
    You are, of course, welcome to start as many threads as you like.
    Also - it's encouraged that you contribute - comment on other peoples vids first. Put something in to get something out sort of thing.

Anticipating a mod will be along at any moment to delete your second video link
    Tim

Blog Entries

Actually, now I've watched them, I've decided you have posted only one video!

How to make them better? Combine them. Show those first steps then some sort of whizzy transition (normally frowned upon but appropriate here to show the passing of time, I think) into a "one year later" and show the stunts.

I thought the titles were good.

I think you could make a lot more of the movies by showing (a) close ups - of the stilts, of arms balancing, arms flailing - anything to provide a mixture of shots rathre than the rather boring mid/long shot - we don't need to see the whole person in the frame all the time.

And most important - get in close and show the faces of the performers and the reactions of those watching. Get the human element in there (you've got some quite niceshots early on in the first vid, but these are sadly lacking in the second)
    Tim

Blog Entries

You are correct sir.

Hi Nero, please please read the rules - pretty please.

I have deleted the second film - feel free to post on it's own thread.

And please help out other creatives by commenting on thier films - hint - you get more feedback yourself then - hint ends.

Blog Entries

Sorry, I blew it by watching both!
    Tim

whooops sorry about that, ill go read the rules now.
    thanks for the input on my videos so far.
    I will be sure to check out other threads and other peoples work in the morning when im coming round and getting my head into my work.
    you seem like a nice bunch and i use a few forums, so far i see no reason to be a stranger

Great selection of music, Space1999 a TV show which had a huge influence over me, and still does.

Now on the fact of that music, remember what the TV series was intro was edited like, well thats what you should stick with, its high impact music, same with the TV series UFO, and if your a real fan you will know these series are linked in more ways than one.

If I was there I would have gone in much closer to the action, even strapped a small camera to one of those legs, there is heaps of interesting stuff to do with the camera even if the actual action is lacking..

I hope this helps, it did pull my Space 1999 heart strings..

5 stars for the music.
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo