Thread: Seperate Audio not in Sync with Video Problem

1. Default Seperate Audio not in Sync with Video Problem

Hi,

The main problem is when I record live events, the video files (recorded on MiniDV) and the audio commentary (recorded on a Dictaphone) and the audio commentary seems to record at a delayed or slower rate then MiniDV does as when both of these are synced up the audio goes out of sync more as it plays.

The audio commentary is perfect when recorded on a Laptop, but we don't always have a spare laptop on hand when recording events, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me if all audio recorded on a Dictaphone wouldn't be able to sync up on the 2nd audio track of a video recorded on a MiniDV camera or is it just my dictaphone that doesn't work.

I was thinking about buying a 20-25 dictaphone from Argos to test if that does the same thing. Any suggestions, would be appreciated.

couldn't you plug a microphone into the camera?

3. Default

I thought of that but can't seem to find a mic input on the Camera. The Camera is a Sony HDR-HC3

Blog Entries

If it's a tape based dictaphone then expect speed problems - thay aint the last word in hi fi. Use a solid state dictaphone or preferably a cam with a mic in.

5. Default

The Dictaphone I use is a Digital One, I guess I'm goning to have to try and use a laptop to record it as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by mkkid28 View Post
    I thought of that but can't seem to find a mic input on the Camera. The Camera is a Sony HDR-HC3
    Ahh, that camer doesn't have an mic input. ok assuming your onboard mic is clear enough you could start recording on both of them and then put them next to each other and clap as load as you can and then when your finished clap again.

in your video editing software, cut on the claps on both of your peices of media and either slow down of speed up your comentary untill they are both the same length.