Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Composition space limited?

Default Composition space limited?

Hey, this is kind of hard to explain but I'll try:

I made about 7 text tracks, made one the Parent motion and rest the child motion, now I was going to try to create a type of "Typography" with this, it was going pretty well untill I decided to do a rotate on the parent track, and have one of the textes sideways, it gets cut off, I tried going into track motion, parent motion, pan/crop and couldn't find anyway to fix it from getting cut off, the only other solution would be to create a hole new parent track for the extended space, but then I'd have to keyframe the spins to be the same which I find to be unnecessary as the parent motion should of been doing it for me :S So is there anyway to bypass this, any option I could set?

Now if you could understand my post, props to you cause I was confused writing it, here's a screenshot of the problem

When everythings fine:
    http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/933...9121730yt2.jpg

when things start to go wrong:
    http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/939...9121752nt9.jpg

right there the hole text of "Seen" should of showed, but it's cutting it off. Is there any way around this then to create a hole new series of parent/childs lol

here's a link to the tutorial I'm trying to copy:

Design Rhythmic Motion Typography in After Effects - AETUTS

yes I know it's for AE, and in the tutorial he has a 3D space camera, I think that's the reason I'm failing at it cause Vegas just moves the objects around, there is no camera (atleast to my knowledge)

Blog Entries

You need to set the transparency of your differet layers. I'm sure a Vegas expert will tell you how to do this.

Blog Entries

I don't think it's anything to do with transparency.

The problem is basically that your "canvas" is 16 x 9 so if you rotate it to 9 x 16 some bits will be cut off (cos you're looking at a 16 x 9 canvas through a 9 x 16 "Hole")

To understand this further, temporarily change yoru background on one of the child layers from transparent to a solid colour other than black.

I think the solution is to create the text smaller (so it will all fit in the "9" unit square and then zoom in on the parent track (possibly a grandparent - sorruy I'm unable to experimet at the moment)
    Tim

Blog Entries

Ah yes, indeed you are right. That'll learn me for not reading a post. I shall stick to the tidying up .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I think the solution is to create the text smaller (so it will all fit in the "9" unit square and then zoom in on the parent track
    Had a quick play. This will work but, unless your target is low res, don't bother with it as the zoom really stuffs up the quality of the text.

I'll have a think.

Or just wait for Grazie to think for me and come up with 101 better ways than I'll ever think of.

EDIT: OK the zoom isn' THAT bad if you start off with text 9/16th its eventual size. But there may be better ways....
    Last edited by TimStannard; 02-11-2009 at 10:58 PM.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Had a quick play. This will work but, unless your target is low res, don't bother with it as the zoom really stuffs up the quality of the text.

I'll have a think.

Or just wait for Grazie to think for me and come up with 101 better ways than I'll ever think of.
    yeah I had tried creating small text at first, and was going "wth" when I zoomed in cause it got really bad quality, so I had to change it to a larger size...

Thanks for explaining the canvas part to me though, that helped me understand it atleast

-waits for Grazie- o.o;

Zooming is for FRAME zooming and subsequently you WILL loose what is outside of the FRAME. Track motion will allow you to utilize ALL the Frame as it is concerned with the WHOLE frame.

So, to recap:

1] Pan/Crop Zooming moves the FRAME

2] Track Motion moves stuff WITHIN the FRAME

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    Zooming is for FRAME zooming and subsequently you WILL loose what is outside of the FRAME. Track motion will allow you to utilize ALL the Frame as it is concerned with the WHOLE frame.

So, to recap:

o.o, so if I use Parent Track Motion, to move all the frames, then use track motion on the letter to spin the letter it shouldn't cut off? Can I keep moving the parent track motion untill the main parent is off of the screen, and still have the childs inside the screen? Cause that's what I'm trying to do, create continous text going sideways all moving at once etc.,

I can't try right now but I will definitely give it a go when I get home, thanks for clearing that up!

Blog Entries

Let us know how you get on.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post

So, to recap:

Thank you for this again!

I have got it working, at first I tried it but it did not work, but then I restarted the project and made everything 3D motion, and then it did work! This is a very useful tip for vegas.

If you do it with all modes on source alpha, the material cuts off when the parent track starts to go off screen, but in 3D space it's limitless (actually, it's limited to the values of -/+7,200.00, but hell if I'm going to use that much lol)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast