Thread: MPEG 4 and Adobe Premier Pro

Default MPEG 4 and Adobe Premier Pro

I have done a really daft thing and got a camera that only records on mpeg4 (Samsung MX20) and then got Adobe Premier Pro and found out it doesn't import mpeg4.
    what an idiot.
    Is there any way I can convert (for free) my files to use in Adobe and retain a fair quality?
    I have heard making them into an .avi file could work..... or shall I just eBay my Samsung and buy a new camera......
    Any help (again) much appreciated,

Lucy

There are a few free tools that will convert files to DV-AVI for Premiere, including Mpeg4. MpegStreamclip is recommended by Muvipix and the Adobe Premiere Elements forum
    Adobe Forums - How can I convert VOBs and MPEGs to DV-AVIs?
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

I would recommend MPEGStreamClip1.2 aswell which is freeware and you will also need QuickTimeAlt181, again freeware. They are two very good apps to have when tackling mpeg4 and want to convert to avi. Just install QuickTimeAlt181 and run it first and then install and run MPEGStreamClip1.2.

Thanks for that - but it hasn't worked.
    Have run the mpeg4 through mpeg stream clip and asked it to make it an avi, then tried to open it in Adobe Premier and it says it is an unsupported file type.

Any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by LucyP View Post
    Thanks for that - but it hasn't worked.
    Have run the mpeg4 through mpeg stream clip and asked it to make it an avi, then tried to open it in Adobe Premier and it says it is an unsupported file type.

Any other ideas?
    tell a lie, I have now done it exactly how I was supposed to instead of in a rush and stress and it is fine - thanks you so much, you've saved me giving up on my caerma and spending more money

That is great to know Lucy, thanks for posting the update
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    I would recommend MPEGStreamClip1.2 aswell which is freeware and you will also need QuickTimeAlt181, again freeware. They are two very good apps to have when tackling mpeg4 and want to convert to avi. Just install QuickTimeAlt181 and run it first and then install and run MPEGStreamClip1.2.
    I did all of this, and worked on the video, but for some reason the audio is just a buzzing noise. How do i fix this?