Thread: Problem with subtitles and codecs

Default Problem with subtitles and codecs

Hi,

I'll try to explain and hopefully someone can make sense of this. I'm trying to edit this video to put the watermark of my website on it and then upload it to some sites. The video download link is here (torrent) and it has subtitles. The problem is that you need some codec pack (which I have) for the subtitles to be visible, and even then the subs only show when the file is played in windows media player.

What I usually do is convert the file which I think is in avi format, and convert it to MPEG4 because for some reason vegas can't edit it in its avi format or whatever format its in.

My question is how do I retain the subtitles or even make the subtitles show up in vegas, because when I edit the vid and then render it as WMV, the subtitles don't show in either the preview in the vegas window or the finished product, and they don't show when I upload it either.

http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=49291 - heres the file I'm trying to edit and I'm unsure what format its in, I'm probably making a mountain out of a molehill here but if anyone could help I'd be very grateful,

thanks.

Blog Entries

Subtitles are often not included with the video in many wrappers - the player reads the sub file and includes them if selected.

ok, so a solution to my problem anyone?

Blog Entries