Thread: Epson Printer Workshop with Guy printer -now SFW

Blog Entries

Default Epson Printer Workshop with Guy printer -now SFW

A brace of f's and c's now bleeped - actually more funny I think.

Posted here for the vanity of a chance at votm - call me weak.

This was acted live - the attempts to fix the printer were my final efforts after days of trying. I am acting but it wasnt hard.

All shot on my sony pc4 with spot metering used on most shots - a cinch with the touch screen.

Shot with deliberately crap lighting - room light off one ikea lamp on. In post contrast added and then lots of unsharp mask to enhmace the grain and grunge.

Outside shots are colour corrected a bit to bring out the orange of the street lighting.

Jump guts were expidient to make it short but done 'badly' on purpose.

The music is a bit from the middle and the end of some motzart requiem. The music has lots of compression on it otherwise the dynamic rane was too big. Also compression on live track at times to higlight printer noises.

The crash zooms at end all post.

http://www.zaskarfilms.com/Films/guyprinterbleeped.wmv

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Outside shots are colour corrected a bit to bring out the orange of the street lighting.
    I thought that was a particularly good looking effect.

I don't know how to use the mask effect to make everything B/W except one color, but I sure would be interested in learning how it's done in Vegas.

As for the video, I can relate to that. I once had a used Heathkit HF radio transceiver that I bought at a flea market, that I could never get to work right. After several component replacement episodes I threw it on the floor...smashed it with a 12 pound sledge hammer, then threw it through the wood paneling on a wall clear into the stud work. Actually, I felt much better after that. Of course, that was many years ago and I am now on a regular medication that keeps me more level - smile.

Default perfect little vid

Mark, this video has it all, I for one have watched it over and over, and my favorite scene is you pulling a gun on the printer...

Its rough, tough, and printer guy is so much like the guy who lives anywhere, he expects stuff to work, and when it doesn't he hits, well hitting stuff always fixes the problem.

I have had a play with Vegas 8 pro...( a found version ) try before I buy, and I can report I stumbled around like a complete noob, about all I could do was import a file and scrub through it...but I can see its a very slick package, lots of tweaks and nice things attached, and seems soooooo stable..

I have been stuck on Premiere 6.5 for it seems 8 years, so I am well behind
    the latest and greatest..but being so long on one package its very difficult to
    bend the brain onto a new way of thinking.

It was your videos and comments which made me think Vegas, I have a feeling it will take months to be as familar with it as I am with the old adobe stuff I have, weird thing is my brain stopped taking in new info years ago, I am expecting a long and painful learning curve.
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo

Blog Entries

Worddigger - yes I felt much better after - as for the b/w look - i forgot to say above - all the low sats are reduced to get that look.

Rollins - thanks again - 2200 tube hits in week. I hope this isnt just down to your promtion of my vid on your very busy page, although I am sure it helped.

As for vegas v prem - I cant comment specifically as my prem exp is on an old version but I found it too fussy and buggy with some media.

Vegas is often bigged up for being uber stable - accetping of all sorts of guff on the timeline with no fuss and a very powerful and logical fx bus set up and very powerful sound tools.

lol, this was hilarious, and not just because just about everyone can probably relate somehow.

Though I found the building up of frustration much more funny than the release of it. Great music too. Kudos and stuff.

Blog Entries

Thanks Adaric.

People do seem to like this.

I may do more - so if anyone has something broken - i can give it the Guy Printer treatment.

A lap top wpuld be fun - with Guy trying to get linux to work maybe ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rollingstock View Post
    I have had a play with Vegas 8 pro...( a found version ) try before I buy, and I can report I stumbled around like a complete noob,
    Leo, you are a complete noob with Vegas. Get that into your head and you won't feel so bad about stumbling around.
    You know what you want to do and that will stand you in good stead, but as far as how goes, you need to relearn (and Vegas usually has numerous hows). You'll do this pretty quickly as you are already so familiar with the concepts.

Act like a noob, but an informed one.
    Go through all the interactive tutorials (under Help). You'll whizz through them, but you'll pick up essential stuff about how Vegas works along the way.

Don't beat yourself up over it.
    You know how to edit videos.
    You don't know how to use Vegas to edit videos yet.

Enjoy.

And, if you haven't done so already, download the user manual. It's detailed and very useful.

Te on-line help is pretty good too.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Yea - once you can edit it is a cinch to swap apps after a few days.

Mark, I did my best to give the other version a good push start, give it some time.

Its interesting to read the stupid flagging rules for you know where, there is a video on this subject ( it is floating around on the Oz front page) and all it does is confuse me, it would make you quite angry, basically the other version of this video could be a target for flaggers, but so is graphic horror or drama, so thats a huge blow to serious video makers.

It is just becoming a realm for the talking heads, as long as they keep it clean
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo