Thread: Pixelan Spicemaster 2.5

1. Wink Pixelan Spicemaster 2.5

It's been a while since I logged in but I have been viewing.
    I have just built a shiney new quad core computer and installed my Vegas Platinum studio 8. On my old computer I had Movie Studio Platinum 6 that had bundled with it Pixelan Spicemaster 2.5. I have tried to install Spicemaster from the Movie studio 6 disk by exploring the disk and installing Spicemaster but I get the message Vegas Studio is not installed. I guess that this Version of Spicemaster must be in some way linked to Movie Studio Platinum 6, do any one of you wizards have any idea how I might be able to get this to install with Vegas Platinum studio 8.
    I have contacted the Sony site but not received any reply. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Places to see, scenes to video, techniques to learn DVD's to burn.
    Not enough time !!!
    red.kite Abingdon, England

Blog Entries

I have Vegas 8 Pro and an old version of VMS Platinum 6, so similar but not the same as you.
    I found in order to get Spicemaster to load I had to install VMSP6 then Spicemaster.
    It's no problem having both installed (though I can't guarantee the same for you with two versions of VMS)
    What I'd be inclined to do in your position is load VMSP6 and THEN VMSP8 to be sure.
    Tim

3. Smile

Thanks Tim
    Had considered this but did not want to clutter the PC with unwanted software.
    I have an external USB hard drive so may try installing VMSP6 onto that and then see if it will allow me to install Spicemaster onto my C: drive.

Regards
    Red.kite
    Not enough time !!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by red.kite View Post
    Thanks Tim
    Had considered this but did not want to clutter the PC with unwanted software.
    At less than 100MB I wouldn't have thought it's worth worrying about. Bear in mind that it's not taking up anything other than hard disk space and if you're worried about 100MB you've got more to worry about than getting Spicemaster installed
    Tim

5. Default

Bigger problem !
    Hi Tim I have plenty of disk space on 2 x 250Gb drives, I now cannot find the card with the serial number for installing Spicemaster so all of the above becomes a bit irelavant. I'll just manage with the transitions from version 8.0.
    Thanks for your comments.
    Regards
    Red.kite
    Not enough time !!!

Blog Entries

I have some vague recollection of having the same problem. It's possible that it doesn't come with one. Assuming you've registered your VMS6 with Sony, email their support or customer services via the website (www.sonycreativesoftware.com) and I'm sure they'll email you a Serial No.
    Tim