Thread: best video editing software

Default best video editing software

I just reinstalled my operating systems and I am rethinking the editing software for use. I current have Pinnacle Studio 11, I am wondering what might be even better. I would appreciate suggestions.

2. Default

Pinnacle is an enemy of mine, may I recommend Sony Vegas.
    It's professional and doesn't have the cheap american cheesy plastic feel Pinnacle has.

Download a few 30 day trials of the software listed on this forum. Everyone has their own particular favourite(s) so it is difficult to name one. Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere are two popular choices but there are others. Also downloading trials will allow you to see which ones work and don't work on your computer, a case of try before you buy.

I don't think there is one program that's better than another it was what handled my video that it came down to in the end, my favorite was Premiere 6 but it doesn't handle AVCHD and the best I found for my video of a Canon HF10 is Video Studio Pro X2, but only because it handles the AVCHD and gives me the output presets that I want better than the other programs I tried.

Blog Entries

Try befor you buy for sure - Digital Video Editing Guides: Digital Director - links

Or save a lot of trouble and get the best - Vegas.

Blog Entries

Best video editing software? It's in the squishy stuff between your ears.
    Tim

They just tested vid. edit. software in PCW magazine, and Prem. El. won... but they didn't include Vegas!

Blog Entries

Ignore everyithng you read in magazines - it is essentail to try - and as Tim implies good editing starts with the brain - all the pro editors I have used I would be happy with.

Sony Vegas is my favourite. I've had all sorts of problems with Pinnacle Studio (audio out of sync, crashes. garbled video on transitions). I tried various patches and tips from forums which improved things but never properly got rid of the problems. Vegas on the other hand worked like a dream.

I've had all sorts of problems with Pinnacle Studio (audio out of sync, crashes. garbled video on transitions)...and yet Pinnacle still churn it out. I've been on here since 2005 and it is now 2009 and it still hasn't been sorted out.