Thread: No audio during preview playback

Default No audio during preview playback

Hi all,

I'm using Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9.0b on Vista Home Premium x64.
    When I play the video I'm working on audio plays for about 1 second and then stops. It works fine when playing from the trimmer and there is full audio in the rendered video.
    Also, I noticed the audio comes back and stays back if I move the speed slider at the bottom left.
    Anyone have any ideas? I've tried messing with a few settings around but I really have no idea what could cause this...
    Last edited by romulus267; 02-08-2009 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by romulus267 View Post
    When I play the video I'm working on audio plays for about 1 second and then stops.
    For what ever reason this suggests an inability of the Timeline to keep up with the processing of the Video AND Audio.

It works fine when playing from the trimmer and there is full audio in the rendered video.
    This suggest that the Trimmer CAN do it and your media is ok to go but NOT on the Timeline.

Also, I noticed the audio comes back and stays back if I move the speed slider at the bottom left.
    Again this is pointing to an unfortunate processing of Audio and Video on the Timeline.

Not good.

First off I would try and figure out if I had applied some new processing hungry software, and/or my virtual memory was being "hobbled" by some "rubbish" that needs to be cleaned out. If you have cleaned, defragged and so on and you STILL get the same situ then I would, secondly, strongly suggest you doing a Factory Reset. You WILL loose any settings but you can reset as you appear to know your way around the settings?

Default Fixed

Thanks Grazie, you were right. Vista's silly system restore feature was grinding away on the hard drive every time i was trying to play the video. A simple system restart was all it took to fix the problem, for whatever reason.

Good! And yes, you wanna keep a weather-eye on what is also being used when we get "issues". Vegas is very stable. When things go weird it is often/mostly NOT the s/w's fault. There are just too many installations with so many editors, daily giving VegasPro8 a bashing that most issues are mostly cured by some simple remedial tweaks.

I just wish others would exercise some more "simply" solutions prior to coming here.