Thread: Looking for some feedback

Default Looking for some feedback

Originally posted in wrong forum, lets try this again.

Video of interest:

Blog Entries

Copyright issues aside, I thoroughly enjoyed this. It seemed a cut above the ususal attempt at this sort of thing. It was clearly painstakinly put together with a good degree of humour and a couple of dreadful puns.
    It may be oer-emphasised by YT but I found the flicker in the 16mm overlay which looked good at the start became annoying after a while.
    Tim

Thats a pretty good effort, just wondering if there was any copy and pasted sections of repeated lyrics..??

There are heaps of videos like this on youtube, and the Billy Joel song We Didn't Start The Fire quickly comes to mind, most have been swept clean by youtube's copyright broom.

You don't know me at all, ..!
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo

To answer a few of the questions above:

Yes the copyright issues came to mind and I know sooner or later this could get pulled due to that. The project idea came to mind when I heard the song on the radio and became the inspiration to dig deeper into Final Cut Pro which I had not work with for quite some time. I guess I look at it as a work of practice, and had a lot of fun working with new effects. I will agree on the 16mm flicker, YT did not handle it well, perhaps a less busy overlay would work better or it could be the result of 29.97fps converted to 24fps. The images were google searched in order as they were sung and the first results were usually picked which yielded some odd but fun results.

As for copy paste on some of the lyrics, the chorus was copy and paste with some trimming for timing. The overlay was also copy and paste but in random order, I did not have enough 16mm source material to span the entire project.

Thanks for the feedback, they will be valuable on the next project.

I liked it, though I don't really have much to say that others haven't.

I did especially like the Ah! bit, where it moved up and down with her pitch. Don't know if that's common since I don't know much about these kinds of videos, but I found it clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardaric View Post
    I liked it, though I don't really have much to say that others haven't.

I did especially like the Ah! bit, where it moved up and down with her pitch. Don't know if that's common since I don't know much about these kinds of videos, but I found it clever.
    I experimented with that towards the end of the project, I used the asset motion tool in FCP which allows movement/resizing/cropping etc on the timeline for any one particular asset. I set keypoints while listening to the music at 1/2 speed and then inserted my movement values accordingly at the keypoints, it was much easier than I had expected. I wasn't sure how it was going to work at the end during the credit crawl but it made my wife smile so I left it in. Thanks and glad you enjoyed it!

really well put together, i agree the effects were a bit much towards the end, but other than that i enjoyed it.