Thread: Premier: Still photo chaos

Blog Entries

Default Premier: Still photo chaos

Okay, a hundred photos imported, on the timeline at one frame each. (Using the import > numbered stills) Slowly scrolling through,and everything's okay. Rendered and played back from the timeline and everything's okay there. Exported via the media encoder to DVD and... they're all upside down!
    WTF?
    Alan!!!!! Help!!!!!

What project preset did you use and what are the average sizes of the stills?
    If it is a standard NTSC or PAL project then the stills should be 1000 x 750 or close.
    If you use oversize images there can be various problems.

Same problem in Premiere Elements
    Adobe Forums - Upside down images when creating a DVD
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

Damn newbies coming round here asking beginner questions without giving any real details. I don't know! lol

Robin, I'm tempted to ask all sorts of version, project settings questions but I'm just not sure it'll be usefull here. Gonna go into helpdeskmode here but can you reproduce the problem wiht a small project, i.e. one or two stills and post the project so I can try it out in CS4.

not quite sure why you would want each image as only one frame. If that's what you really want and they are sequentially numbered then try importing them as footage rather than as stills.

Do the implort thing. click on the first one, then click the numbered still option. You should get a single asset come in which will be video of all stills. You may have to interpret the footage to get the fps right but you might get better results.

other than that send me a cut down project and I'll have a play.

Certainly doesn't sound right.

Have you tried exporting to a movie file of some descripotion rather than straight to DVD. PPro 2?

Blog Entries

Hi Chuck, yeah I also saw that thread on the Adobe site but the OP then said that he'd sorted the problem... but the git didn't say which of the solutions had worked!

Alan... Sorry to post a question before I'd got the obligatory 2000 posts. It's actually my missus who's doing this (bloody artists, why don't they just keep it simple) and I'll have a look-see before I send you any stuff.
    I'll also try exporting it as a movie file rather than direct to dvd, as you suggest, then let you know what happened.

I really don't want to have to re-size 200 images!

Try resizing a couple by hand and see if the problem goes away. If that works then depending on what image editor you use converting all the others as a batch job should be quite easy.

I'd still like to see the project though if possible.

Blog Entries

Guru - it's cos you is using a mac maybe?

Blog Entries

Nope, The Missus has got Premiere on her PC laptop. If I'd been using FCP on my mac this problem wouldn't have happened

Blog Entries

Lols. I just slapped myself for attempting a pathetic thread hijack...

Blog Entries

Cheers Millsy. She got it sorted, first by resizing and then using the import method you suggested.

If you're going to be at Broadcast Expo I'll bring a dvd.

Wimen eh!

I'll be there. Must remember to synchronise watches eh?