Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snow!!!!

Blog Entries

Default Snow!!!!

So who in the UK's been hit by the apocoltypical snowfall? Things here in the suburbs have ground to a halt...

Blog Entries

It's fantastic. If the Russians ever want to invade, all they need to do is make it snow here. The UK's ability to cope with a bit of inclement is pathetic.

OOhh.. it's snowing so I can't drive my car / bus / train /aeropleane (delete as applicable). No EVERYTHING stops!

Blog Entries

Great, isn't it? Unfortunately technology overcame those issues -I went to work without leaving the house. Worked in a virtual office today (conference calls for meetings, remote access for emails and files).

But that didn't stop me from going out and having fun in the snow for a few hours!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    But that didn't stop me from going out and having fun in the snow for a few hours!
    Did you spell your name correctly this time?

ha ha, that's one thing girls CANNOT do!

Blog Entries

yea - I love it - only an inch in brstol right now but lots ofrecast for tonight.

The UK's ability to cope with a bit of inclement is pathetic.
    American TV reported on it a while back. I don't remember the commentary exactly but recall that it was humorously scathing, and that there were some great close ups of drivers somehow ploughing their way through an inch of snow.

9inches in Greenwich here woooo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by snapper1 View Post
    American TV reported on it a while back. I don't remember the commentary exactly but recall that it was humorously scathing, and that there were some great close ups of drivers somehow ploughing their way through an inch of snow.
    Horses for courses. We get snow once in a blue moon. When it happens, the infrastructure simply isn't in place to cope with it. Just as landlocked countries don't have much in the way of a navy, the UK doesn't spend millions on snow ploughs. Oooh, look at me being all patriotic!

I'm patriotic too, in my own way, my own way being that I have no time for the nanny state.
    Re. the 9 inches of snow in Greenwich, I've walked through 9 inches (and more) of snow in places like Toronto and Montreal, and it didn't do me any harm.
    There's an element of truth in the post by a previous poster that all the Russians have to do is wait until it snows, then it's time to invade Britain.
    I have to say though, I have nothing but admiration for the British marines fighting in Afghanistan, in the winter conditions there.
    Anyways, gonna look for that post by a musician who's offering free music, have a great idea for a video but no idea about the music for it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by snapper1 View Post
    Re. the 9 inches of snow in Greenwich, I've walked through 9 inches (and more) of snow in places like Toronto and Montreal, and it didn't do me any harm.
    As Andy says, horses for courses. Today we discovered that the only person in our family who has footwear that's waterproof above the sole is our 4 year old. Simple fact is non of us have needed anything capable of walking through 9 inches of snow since - erm, well I can't remember when.
    Waiting for it to snow in Britain before invading is only any good as a (very) long term plan.
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast