Thread: double image

Default double image

I want to create two of me for a video. Would anyone knoe how to go about this? I preety much want to clone myself, but have the both of me doing something else.
    -thanks

Blog Entries

I read this as you wanting to have yourself twice ina single scene. Each occurrance of you doing somethign different. Not sure the clone tool in AE is what you're after here tbh. That will just duplicate you to elsewhere in the shot.

I think we're talking split screen here so...

Film yourself twice, once with you on the left side of the frame and again with you on the right, playing your other role. Place these clips on video layers 1 and 2 of your editing application of choice. Mask out the half of the video in the top layer that you don;t want and the bottom layer will show through.

When doing this though, always use a tripod and don't move it at all between takes otherwise the join will notice and the shot will simply be unusable.

Unless I'm wide of themark on what you want here then serach throught he forums. It's been discussed plenty. Marc even posted examples of disappearing behind a thin object

Blog Entries

I didn't mean to confuse. By typing in those words into google, the first result returned is a tutorial for After Effects which results in the effect cloning people. I was demonstrating that although I personally don't know, there are many guides already written.

Millsy is right in that it's essentially a split screen effect and the basic is that you film two shots, then cut and paste together. This can be done in Premiere, but really needs after effects to get more realistic results (for example where the "two" people get close to each other and you need a "jagged" rather than uniform crop).

The general rule of thumb is that any compositing such as this is easier to achive in After Effects as image manipulation is far more sophisticated.

http://www.durbnpoisn.com/films/cloneTut/index.asp

This can also be achieved through chromakeying, although this also a tricky process - however most pro editing suites include the ability to do this natively.
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

To add to Millsy's tip about using a tripod, i'd recommend using manual settings on your camera.
    With auto functions on you might find that the exposure will be different in the two shots depending on where you are, and with what kind of clothes in relations to light sources.

DrGonzo

there's an american kid who did this, among other things. A settee with 7 of the same cat on it, he swordfights with himself, hands himself a sheet of paper. It all looks pretty decent. I'll find it for ya.
    AMD Athlon 1700 (@2200mhz from 1466 sod the noise!) - 768mb pc3200 - 200GB Maxtor - Pioneer 106 - GF4 Ti4200 - twinhan/visionplus pci dvb-t - random pci analogue tv tuner - A7v600-x (to replace the a7n8x-d that died...) - random 17\" CRT
    Sony STR-DE425 & Eltax c205s;
    xBox w/20GB HDD- executer 2.3b;
    xBox - standard;
    Konica/Minolta dimage z10 w/2x512mb SD;
    iRiver h340;
    A silly amount of Cat-5 and usb cables

Nah, i've been googling for literally half an hour. It's been a year since i last saw the site, so i guess it could be down. :(
    AMD Athlon 1700 (@2200mhz from 1466 sod the noise!) - 768mb pc3200 - 200GB Maxtor - Pioneer 106 - GF4 Ti4200 - twinhan/visionplus pci dvb-t - random pci analogue tv tuner - A7v600-x (to replace the a7n8x-d that died...) - random 17\" CRT
    Sony STR-DE425 & Eltax c205s;
    xBox w/20GB HDD- executer 2.3b;
    xBox - standard;
    Konica/Minolta dimage z10 w/2x512mb SD;
    iRiver h340;
    A silly amount of Cat-5 and usb cables