Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corel VS Pro X2 Questions

Hi fayt, did you use the color picker to get the exact color of the pillow case, and from what I've seen before you need to have very even lighting and not to cast a shadow, try having the lighting coming from the side.
    Bryan

2. Default

Nah I was just testing, I used natural sunlight, but it was getting dark so the lighting was poor. Maybe if I used 3 bright lights? one on left, one on right, one in middle, maybe it won't cast a shadow?

I only had enough time to do something dumb, so I used my arm/hurt overlaying a main video. Here is the results. This first one was using the auto color select.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyYWdXgdXTE"]YouTube - chromakey[/ame]

Then with this one, I selected a color myself, which looks better, but the problem is, it messed up the windows it looks like a blizzard outside or a fuzzy tv screen.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bANYI8S_Xgc"]YouTube - chromakey2[/ame]

It's coming on for a first attempt, I think a light at either side would work fine and perhaps try a different colored screen at the video club I belong to we found the best results were with green. it all depends on what your wearing if you include a person in front of the screen. mind you if you had a blue shirt on in front of a blue screen you would get the effect of a head without a body walking around, it has all sorts of possibilities.
    Bryan

4. Default

Heh that would be funny. Yeah so I heard a "green screen" is what most people use. A bright neon green kind of color. I am taking a guess that it's because it'd be a rare chance to have this color in an everyday video? Maybe hot neon pink would be better? I don't know, I guess I will need to experiment with it some more.

Do you know how to get a plain non-animated subtitle? I saw it in a tutorial but they didn't say how to do it. I can do titles fine, but can't find a way to make one non-animated.

It should default to non animated when you start a new project, and then if you want to use the animated title it's got to be selected, maybe at some time you have gone into the title option and under the animation tab ticked the Apply animation box, you can have an animated and unanimated title running at the same time I did one and had the date fly across the screen on top of a still title all in the same window it's just a matter of high lighting the one you want to animate on the preview window and ticking or unticking the Apply animation box, hope this helps, If you ever find a way to get titles to fade in and out let me know, I'm still working on that with no success.

6. Default

Alright I will play with it and see what I can do. I've seen fade in and out but haven't attempted to use it yet.

Hi I just found "fade in and out" titles, it is one of the pre-made titles, all I had to do was drag it to the title track and rename it from "my title" which is what they call it to whatever you want it to be, something else I have just discovered is that the program always adds 2 extra frames to the beginning of each video clip you put on the time line, I had never noticed it until I put may latest video on Vimeo and notice a hesitation on a couple of clips, and it turned out to be the only 2 clips in the whole edit that I hadn't trimmed the beginning of the clip like I usually do, whether it does it on all types of video I don't know.

8. Default

Hmm that is odd.

9. Default

That sort of behaviour only seems to appear on very highly compressed video files in formats that were not designed to be edited like DivX, Xvid etc.

10. Default

This guy might be helpful to us all, he knows all about chroma keys and stuff. You should watch a couple of his videos.

YouTube - markapsolon's Channel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12