Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corel VS Pro X2 Questions

1. Default Corel VS Pro X2 Questions

I have one problem, and one question.

In Corel VideoStudio Pro X2, when you put a video clip on the main video time line, and at the end you show text on a blank screen after it. How do you start the next clip after the text is done? I know you can do it with an overlay, but then you have to resize it and stuff. Why does the main video have to be back to back and can't be moved or split up?

As for my question, let's say I have a still image of a room, and I film a person walking around, how do I make everything on the video of the person walking around to be completely transparent so it looks like the person is walking in the room in the image?

It is a quirk amongst many consumer level video editors that the main video track acts as a sort of anchor to the other things loaded on to other tracks. I am not sure why because the more advanced programs allow you to place an asset anywhere on any track. It may be a fail safe measure for the amateur editor to prevent him from having a "nothing" at some point in the timeline.

The work around is to use the color blocks and transitions to your advantage. You can insert a black colour block and have the video fade to black with the titles running then crossfade from black into the next clip when the titles have finished.

Your second question sounds to me to be a little beyond the capabilities of a consumer level video editing program but maybe someone else can help on it.

3. Default

Ah yeah, I was hoping there would be a quicker and easier way then to have to use a solid color to break it up. Oh well... Thank you

I figured a green screen would work, but I don't know how to do that,

If you don't want to re-size the overlay and want to use it as a normal track, go to File/Preferences (F6) then under the Edit tab you will find "Use Fit-to-Screen as default size in Overlay Track, tick the box and you will find it acts as a normal full size track, I just tried the chroma key and it seems to work well, you can select what ever colour you want with the colour picker, looks interesting might have to give it a go myself.
    Bryan

5. Default

I just didn't want to use up my overlay tracks, but at least it will work!
    Hmm I will have to find the chroma key and play with it. I will run some tests like putting something onto a solid color screen and transparency and see if I can get it.

Hi the chroma key option only shows up when you have something on the overlay tracks it seems to work on all the extra tracks I just tried it with a couple of extra tracks, and it gave some interesting results with a different color selected for each track.

7. Default

Cool, I will go boot up the ol' editing computer and play with it now.

8. Default

Back, it works like a charm, makes it fully transparent. To test, go to your video folder, and grab the island one, that is like all blue sky with a little hut and some clouds. When you enable it, it takes away all blue, so all you see is nothing but the huts, until you play it and then some ghost clouds will come in. This is great!

I didn't test it as an overlay to a main track, I really really really hope it doesn't keep the square box.

Hi I just tried the balloons clip and used the red of one of the balloons as the key and had a balloon floating up the screen with a video clip playing in the shape of the balloon, great stuff, must go and do some work in the garden.
    Cheers Bryan

10. Default

Apparently in low lighting it will mess up. I turn a solid blue pillow case and taped it on a door, and filmed myself reaching my hand out and drawing it back like The Thing from the addams family. Well anyways I imported it into a video and it was transparent but my hand was like 50% transparent also so it was like a ghost image. I turned off auto color and chose dark blue as the color and it worked much better. My hand/arm was solid, however all the blue in the main track video messed up. Have to figure out how to only do the overlay, so the color doesn't try to transparent the main track as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast