Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting cops may get you jailed

Default Shooting cops may get you jailed

Hey guys, not been around for a while. I have conducted a search and found nothing so if this has already been posted can an admin pull this post.

As of Feb 16 2009 if you film a police officer it could end you up in a whole heap of trouble. I don't know if anyone here has had a run in with our boys in blue whilst doing what you do best but a few have. Take a look at this video to see what I am on about.

YouTube - Big Brother Hates Being Filmed!

When I was first told about this law I thought it was just the usual internet conspirasists going over board, but the British Journal of Photography has now also reported it. I'll not post any snippets from theit site but I will link it for you to read yourselfs.

British Journal of Photography - Taking photos of police officers could be considered a crime

I hope the admins don't mind me linking the other sites here but I feel that people should be made aware of this new law, you never know you might film a copper who's having a bad day.
    Last edited by Marc Peters; 01-22-2014 at 12:45 PM.
    ggmabaapbnebtrbatst

Blog Entries

Link away - this is distrubing news and I didnt know this was even on the cards.

It's more loosely framed so called anti terrorist legislation. The operative phrase in the link is 'likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism'.

Such piffle is bound to mean that idiotic coppers are likely to arrest first ask later as we have seen often with other similar legislation.

It's an outrage if this is used by police to stop journalistic and whtiness video being collected.

Rest assured I shall be filming every rozzer I see from now on. Tsk - crap law. You tink thay can hold you for 28 days without charge too - surely not for that...
    Last edited by Mark W; 01-30-2009 at 08:48 AM.

I find this disturbing too Mark. I've never been the militant sort but the older I get the more cinical I get and the more pissed off I get as every day our civil liberties are whittled away further. The uk has 1 cctv camera for every 14 people (who said big brother would never happen) yet we cant film them without being branded a terrorist.
    ggmabaapbnebtrbatst

Blog Entries

Moved to News / general.

Blog Entries

One possible solution. Carry a copy of the legislation. Then ask why your being arrested. If it's not under the Prevention of Terrorism Act, challenge away. Full time rozzers will (I would expect) know the law. The part time wannabe's with their prized flourescent jackets will be the problem.

It's getting like Communist Russia.

Counter-Terrorism Act 2008 (c. 28)

And the actual Sub-Section. Fairly wide sweeping.
    Counter-Terrorism Act 2008 (c. 28)
    Last edited by Andy Lockwood; 01-30-2009 at 12:17 PM.

Blog Entries

yea - I may well do that.
    I watched that video again - I gotta say that most but not all of the coppers were not coppers but pco knobs.

The guy with the mgaphone at hte end was right but was a twat too - I would have lost the plot with him had he stuck the megaphone in my face.

Too many people on the winey left conflate trivial disagreements with the cops untill they do get roughed up thus confirming thier rather daft prejudice that dim rozzers are in fact the Stasi - lols.

Having said that the recently introduced terrist stuff really does go too far and we must all be sure to let the gov know we are not happy.

So... recall that j smith wants to spy on all our e mails.... check this - "cc all your emails to Jacqui Smith" Day

Blog Entries

Quote from the act.

(2) It is a defence for a person charged with an offence under this section to prove that they had a reasonable excuse for their action.

Blog Entries

Crap law really. ' Reasnoble excuse ' - it's a free country and I felt like it. End of.

Blog Entries

Got a link to the act Andy - I am gonna learn it verbatim.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Got a link to the act Andy - I am gonna learn it verbatim.
    See earlier post.

Cops aren't dumb though. They can arrest you on the spot, deal with their situation and de-arrest you after. So - they get what they want, and no action is taken in reality.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast