Thread: The A-Team Titles

Default The A-Team Titles

I'm putting together a spoof intro for the A-Team (bit of a homage to the recently announced upcoming movie yay!!!) but Im at a loss on how to replicate the title part where the machine gun fires and the bullets spell out A-team, you know the bit
    Apart from physically animating it, can anyone suggest a piece of software or editing tool that would recreate this?
    Cheers
    p.s. the beers all gone so it will have to be a single malt as thanks this time

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loop View Post
    you know the bit
    No I don't (or don't remember), but I bet if you went to the trouble and posted a link to a clip which showed it that would save others the trouble of so doing and would increase the number of responses you get dramatically
    Tim

Humblest of apologies Tim, I posted the original post from my pda and didn't have access to youtube at the time but theres no excuse, a request for help without an example was quite silly of me.

Heres a link to the intro on Youtube, the bit I would like to replicate is from 00:20 - 00:22, its quite short but Im stumped on what to do so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PIfuaUTH9Y4"]YouTube - THE A-TEAM intro[/ame]

The vegas forum is probably not where I should have posted this but I wasn't sure where else to put it.

Thanks again
    Loop

I'm thinking of 3 options:

A] Progressive Graphics

B] Revealing Beziers

C] Revealing Graphics

A] Progressive Graphics
    1] Put the "Finished" final screen into a graphics package

2] Start removing bullet sized "holes" on this and save it as a png or jpg - my choice would be png to save the Alpha transparent channel - that's is you want to see thru' the holes! And Save as Frame1.png

3] Repeat using Plate1.png and save as Plate2.png

4] Repeat using Plate2.png and save as Plate3.png

. . .and so on . ..

5] Once you have "enough" of these "plates" or frames bring them into Vegas using the LAST plate first and play. Would you SHOULD have is the sequence finally emerging to your finished plate - reveling your final frame.

B] Revealing Beziers
    1] On track 1 place your FINISHED Plate/frame Event, let's call this FinalEvent

2] On track 2 place the Background colour

3] Go back to FinalEvent and start adding tiny Bezier cutaways on close KeyFrames

C] Revealing Graphics
    1] On track 2 place FinalEvent

2] On track 1 place a graphic that is revealed over time that either Obscures or Reveals Track 2 with your FinalEvent

In all of these you will need to get busy with keyframes and use the HOLD parameter to achieve that staccato effect.

Just as a note, I looked carefully at the graphics done and you will see a single frame with appears to be a circular matrix that is being revealed. If you HAVE such a matrix and reveal this, this could work too. This is akin to my "C!" option. I could create that matrix very simply in a graphics package. OR in Picture in Picture (CookieCutterFx) we CAN do a muli-circle matrix affair already.

Yes, this is most certainly do-able in Vegas. It is really which way is the easiest and simplest to manipulate to achieve that fast moving staccato result.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    I'm thinking of 3 options:
    Ask, post example, and ye shall receive, eh Loop?
    Nice comprehensive post Grazie.

Just a supplementary - how do you get a perfect circle using Beziers? The best I've managed is to place four anchors equi-distant from the centre and then basically drag the tangents in a fairly random, yet uniform way until the desired result is reached. But this is imprecise and I can't help thinking there must be a better way.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Just a supplementary - how do you get a perfect circle using Beziers?
    Try only 2 tangents. I can make quite an "acceptable" looking circle but NOT perfect using just 2 points and using a cookie cutter circle as a template. Not very pro, but, when you need it . . you need it. I should try a graphics circle as a template.

Thats fantastic Grazie, mucho apreciato (?? )
    I had started to play about with option A myself using photoshop, it took about 20 mins and I think it looks good enough for what I want it to do. I'll have a go at the other solutions too, I'm still very much a noob so the more techniques I can get under my belt the better.

"Ask, post example, and ye shall receive, eh Loop?" You're dead right Tim, I've chalked that up to lesson number 4 that I've learned from this thread

Beers and munchies to you both, thanks very much!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loop View Post

Beers and munchies to you both, thanks very much!!!
    Virtual beer virtually appreciated (Though it's Grazie alone who realy deserves one, or three)
    Tim