Thread: Re-open Adobe P6.5 files

Default Re-open Adobe P6.5 files

Is there any way to open up a past AP6.5 project once it has been burnt to a DVD? I work at a museum and we run a lot of DVD content in our exhibits. From time to time we want to update/change the content. Some of this was created on laser disk and then converted to DVD by play-capture. I want to be able to re-open the video/audio files, drag them back to a time line, insert updated images and then re-author it back. I am not looking to 'crack' commercial DVD's - this is all our own content. We have the raw audio/video files someplace, but slogging through hours of video is not possible, time/wage wise in our museum setting.
    Thoughts?

thanks for any suggestions,

Cam

If they are on DVD you can convert the VOB files and add them to a project. Check out MpegStreamclip (free program) that can convert VOB files to DV-AVI.

Premiere Elements has a VOB file import feature, Premiere Pro does not.
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

Default thanks!

Thanks for the reply. at the moment that program crashes every time i load a file, but I am sure I can figure out what is causing that. If I can get it working it is exactly what i am looking for - thanks so much.

Cam

What program keeps crashing?
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

MpegStreamclip crashes when I try to open a file. I get the first frame of the file, following by the 'microsoft has encountered...'

I loaded the qt alt version required, and mpegstremclip opens, but it can't seem to load anything without failing.

I am trying anyvideoconverter which seems to do the trick, but i am not as happy with the quality.

cam