Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem uploading footage withdcr-hc39e pal camcorder,Please help me.

Default Problem uploading footage withdcr-hc39e pal camcorder,Please help me.

HelLO Everyone,

I bought a handycam dcr-hc33e camcorder about 3 years ago and was having major problems uploading my film.

Since then I have lost my "First Step Guide" and the "Picture Package" software.

I have been on all the forums but still no luck. I have installed drivers for my model a million times but I still get the error message saying "no capture driver installed or no device connected" when using U-lead video studio or Windows Movie Maker.

I am assuming I need the first step guide that came with my camcorder but I'm not sure.

Someone please help me as 'the rage' is starting to set in!

Hi, Now I know you might think this is a dumb question but are you connecting to firewire out, I have a friend with a camera with both USB and Firewire, and it caused a bit of confusion. also what operating system are you using.
    Bryan

Hey, thanks for replying Bryan,

I am connecting using the connection with the three prongs symbol (extreme lack of technology) into a usb connection on the PC. This is the only connection I have. I am going down to Dixons tomorrow to ask their help as this is where I purchased it from but I doubt they'll be much help.

I am using XP btw

Hope someone can help before im old and grey

Chris

Hi Chris, I just checked on the specification of you camera at:-

ManualsMania | Sony > DCR-HC33E - Download Operating Instructions English 4.81 Mb

If you go to page 57 it shows you the type of connections your camera uses, what I referred to as firewire is what Sony call "i.Link" it is the way you download mini DV to a computer so you will have to get yourself a cheap pci firewire card unless your computer already has one, looking at what Sony supply with the camera it doesn't comes with a firewire cable which is why you are having so much trouble.

Bryan

Hi Bryan,

Thanks again for this help. So your saying that I need to get a firewire (i-link) cable and if it still doesnt work, a firewire card. Does this cable connect to the back of the PC or is it still usb?

Thanks so much because this means I can get along with editing things that has taken me years to get this figured

Chris

Hi Chris, yes firewire and usb are two separate connectors so you will need a new firewire cable, some computers have got firewire pre-installed, it should tell you if it has in the motherboard user manual that came with your computer, otherwise you will have to get a firewire card, firewire is for transferring video, so when you have it connected up to the camera it has to be in playback to transfer to the computer, if you get everything working OK you can do all your transferring with the editing programs, I'm using a similar program to you "Corel Video Studio Pro X2" it was Ulead but has been renamed, so it will do everything including producing the final DVD, it's a great program.
    Bryan

PS if you decide to fit the card yourself don't forget to earth yourself to or at least get hold of the metal frame of the computer before you handle any electronic parts or touch anything in the computer you must ALWAYS dissipate any static charges you will have built up on you before you do anything to the computer, well after switching of the computer of course. I worked for Burroughs many years ago and on all there service manuals for electronic equipment, in bold lettering on the first page it said "hands on" meaning touch the metal before you touch the electronics,
    Bryan

Thanks again Bryan,

Im gonna get a firewire cable and try it out. Just discovered a firewire port so im assuming it will have a firewire card! Woot!

I'll let you know how I get on and again, thanks so much for your help!

Kind regards

Chris

Hi again,

Right, went out yesterday and bought an i-link cable. Put all the connections in and turned the camcorder to playback/edit. Computer did not notice any new device connected and moviemaker or any other program didnt either.

I got the same message "no capture device connected"

I am coming to the conclusion that the camera is not installed onto the PC and therefor does not recognise when its connected. The first step guide supplied with the camera has installation software and I think its this that I need.

I know that there are a lot of frustrated sony users that have also lost the disk and surely sony would notice this too. However there is a download page on the sony website that has all the programs that you get with the camera except the First Step Guide.

I will be phoning sony tomorrow as I am furious now. Again I'll let you know how I get on

Chris

Hi Chris I would have thought XP would have found new hardware and gone from there, now are you sure it recognizes that it has a firewire port, if you look in device manager it should be listed as IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers, well the one I've fitted to this computer comes up with that, but mine is a PCI card so it might be different if it's part of the Motherboard, another thought is that if it's part of the Motherboard it might need selecting in BIOS.
    Bryan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast